Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reverse Light Meltdown

W

Wolves

Can somone Help. the hole where the reverse light fuses goes, has been melted, instead of looking like a fuse hole it looks like the entrence the the queens hive in AvP2 (big black hole) like the fuse just melted itself free :flame: . how did that happen? and what can i do to fix it? plz help.

ps: it was allready there when i got the car

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
jeezus never heard of that happening before.
Might have to replace the fuse box coz froim the sound of it it's beyond rooted

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
its from having a problem and the fuse didnt blow. i would get the 2 wires from the back of the fuse box and join them with an inline fuse holder probably $5 from supercheap or repco etc.

W

Wolves

rooted is the word. yeah i was thinking a new bow, but how much u reckon that'll cost to buy and install?

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
If it was there when you got the car then it should have been thru a roadworthy check which should have included checking the reverse lights.....however, if not then maybe whoever had a 50amp fuse where a 10amp fuse should go has 'possibly' used one of the other spare fuse positions to bypass the damage. Do the reverse lights work??

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
If you can live without reversing lights then don't worry. One day in the future when you've nothing to do maybe just have a look at the wiring and figure out what is wrong.

W

Wolves

nah i don't need them at all, i know the feel of most commodores, i just wanted my car to be in top condition, and if i ever sell it it'd be better to have everything going but oh we'll... when it be done, it will be done. thanks

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
Wolves said:
so what 2 wires do i join?
There will be 2 wires at the back of the fuse panel. There will be 1 on each side of the fuse. Just use them and put a new fuse holder between them.