Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Smashed into a gutter last night WTF have i bent?

-CalaisJay-

SSJET
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS - 300hp
On the way home from work yesterday i avoided a major accident but veered off over a gutter ending up sliding into a concrete pipe!

This happened in my VR commo.

Ive done a drawing of what my front wheel looks like now after the hit!

Just wondering what ive bent?

Before : ( Normal )
normal.jpg

After : ( fukt )
fuicked.jpg

any one have any ideas so i can fix it this weekend ?

cheers
Jay

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Lower swing arm, maybe your "K" Frame, pivot pin (Attaches control arm to the K Frame) and possibly your sway bar.

Reaper

modernVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR Acclaim
Mate I know how you feel:ranting: , I had to sewerve into a gutter to avoid hitting this kunt who cut in front of me from a corner. Took it to Bob-Jane for a wheel-alignment hoping it would fix but there was some major damage still theyed fixed a little so that tyre won't wear as much. Took later to Ultra-Tune just to have a look at and said I could be looking at $2000-$3000 worth of repairs:realangry . I usually don't trust mechanics unless they have been vouch from somebody I know but this is what they tolded me what was damaged from having a look.

Front suspension LHS has moved with the cross member damage.
Radius rod bent.
Shocker damaged and not working properly.
Lower control arm suspect.

and that's just looking at it, if they were to further took it apart they could be more damaged like bearing, engine mounts, struts etc.

Best thing is to start to get somebody to look at it and get the parts from wreckers because man you more farked then me:(

SKITZ6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
mate thats how mine looks 2, but not as far back. most likely just a bent k-frame and the rod between it and the bottom of the strut. just cant think what its called.
i lost my arse end turning onto a highway, ended up goin into a concrete drain. getting it fixed very soon.
hope all goes well with the fix. cheerz

KhaosInc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais V8 M5
possibly the Z bar... its a castor rod but for commodores called z bar cause its shapped kinda like a Z. mine is like that from hitting a square gutter :whistling , it make the bar straighten out which moves the wheel back in the arch.

bob jane told me it was the only problem with the wheel. i hit the gutter enough to buckle the wheel that it had to be hammered back into shape to hold pressure enough to get around.... made me buy mags sooner than i needed lol.

you'll see it straight away by looking at your ok wheel then looking at the pushed back wheel.

bars are about $90 each plus $15 for bushes to do 1 side. i was gonna get 2 rods but the guy at holden told me i jsut nneed 1 and bushes for both sides.

i havent done mine yet so dunno if its a pain to do or not.