Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thermo Fan And Air con problems!!

Disturbed_vegeta

I'd Prefer To ROAR!
Reaction score
Website
Www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VR Hsv Senator, VX SS, VZ SS Ute 6L, K9 GSXR1000
hey u have a problem with my vsII wagon. well first with the aircon i turn the switch to 1 then 2 and nothing happens but it works on 3 and 4!! can any 1 explain wats wrong??. also my thermo fan isint working at all and ive made sure that its all pluged in and that but im just unsure wats wrong with it so can any 1 help me? also does any 1 know if the climate control from the vr-vs hsvs and statesman works in a normal vs insted of the standard 1 without to much stuffing around??

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
Disturbed_vegeta said:
hey u have a problem with my vsII wagon. well first with the aircon i turn the switch to 1 then 2 and nothing happens but it works on 3 and 4!! can any 1 explain wats wrong??. also my thermo fan isint working at all and ive made sure that its all pluged in and that but im just unsure wats wrong with it so can any 1 help me? also does any 1 know if the climate control from the vr-vs hsvs and statesman works in a normal vs insted of the standard 1 without to much stuffing around??

The aircon is the fan speed resistor... about $50 to replace from holden, there is a how-to on replacing it in the how-to section. Takes about 10 minutes to do.

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Infus10n said:
The aircon is the fan speed resistor... about $50 to replace from holden, there is a how-to on replacing it in the how-to section. Takes about 10 minutes to do.
v good post ! :)

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
Climate control to replace normal aircon is too hard and expensive to do. But if your dedicated enough and have the parts it is doable, not easy but.

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
Disturbed_vegeta said:
so will replacing the fan speed resistor fix both fans??
no.it will fix your interior fan only.
the thermo only comes on when the coolant reaches a certain temp.the thermo fan has its own relay and fuse. check them first. Does the thermo come on when you turn the aircon on? If it comes on when you turn the aircon on but doesnt work any other time the sender that goes to the thermo is probably no good.

C

Cooldude1983

Vegeta, out of interest, I presume your car is overheating then, w/out the thermo fan going?

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
Disturbed_vegeta said:
the aircon is fixed now but the thermo fan doesnt work at all i think it just might of **** itself
if you find the 2 wires coming from the thermo, you can hook up direct power and earth to check if the thermo is workin. you can also check if power and earth is going to the thermo.