Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

airflow controller not working - vacuum cluster problem?

catalyst55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Hey

Ever since i've had my car, the airflow controller hasnt worked. (The air blows down at my feet irrespective of where i set the controller.) Having just disassembled the fan/heating control module to fix the stereo, i suspect that its the vacuum cluster thats the source of the problem...

Is it easy to fix (i suspect not)? Where can i get it done?

Ohh btw the car also has AC (the button is there) but ive been told that it doesnt work or that its not there or something (quite dubious)....
Where is the AC moldule located?

Cheers

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
Hi, did it work before you did the stereo if so i would say you left the vaccuum lies of the back of the switch, just take the switch back out and have a look.
your air con pump is on the bottom of the motor on the passengers side.

catalyst55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
maginoodle said:
Hi, did it work before you did the stereo if so i would say you left the vaccuum lies of the back of the switch, just take the switch back out and have a look.
your air con pump is on the bottom of the motor on the passengers side.

Hey

Im pretty sure that it didnt work, as i remember having trouble making it blow into the windscreen to get the mist off...

Take what switch out? I just reconnected the vacuum cluster....

Cheers

izedso

It's not a family wagon!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Acclaim Wagon
I had the same prob after someone backed into me. :flame:
There is a vaccuum ball under the passenger side of the front bar (just near the washer reservior) which if this is disconnected you will have no position adjustment for you heating/cooling controls.

Check that out and see how you go.

sydney moray

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT 3.8 SC SS
1998 VT 3.8 SC SS which I've owned since new. AC is all updated--gas recharged, pipes renewed etc. However when accelerating up hill the cool air stops and hot air blows. Somebody mentioned that the problem is probably the vacuum control valve. Can anybody verify this How much would it cost to replace ? Is it mechanical or electrical? My auto electrician says its my mechanic's responsibility. My mechanic says its elctrician's responsibility ! I'm just a lay man !