Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR sedan COLUMN SHIFT? =\

G

G-wok

yeh my mum just baught a VR commo for a second car (too expensive to run the XR8 as a daily driver) and the ****in thing is column shift... like what the f**k. never seen a column shift commo before... maybe a ute but not sedan. and what's more f**ked up is that the hand break is on the right hand side of the drivers seat instead of on the left in the console or even under the steering column area... anyone else ever heard of this before?

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
lol the cars obviously 6 seater? and they are out there, just not common :)

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
They are are rare beast. As said above, most likely a 6 seater and also seen more in the utes as it gives you a 3rd centre seat.

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
i got used to my colum shift fairly easily just takes a couple days i was taking off without taking the handbreak off when i first got it , i actually find it quicker to shift with it and the handbreak is easy now to

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
heh not to mention every time i get in another car specially my sedan (floor shift auto) i go to the right hand side for the hand break and push my hand up near the steering wheel as if im putting it in park

KiwiLouise

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II Executive Bench Sedan Column Shift
I’ve got one! I bought it 6 months ago. It was built feb 1995 and has executive and series 2 badges, column shift, bench seat and it’s a sedan. It was built in Aussie then sent to NZ straight away so maybe ordered new?

Last edited: