Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Other Doors Unlock When Drivers Door is Opened

08_adaml

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII Spac Manual
Mine is exacly the same...

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Try disconnecting the battery for 30 seconds as this may reset things.....make sure you have your security codes for the radio. Good Luck.

haloeight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato SII L67 S/C V6
you're holding your finger on the button too long

if u hold it on for more than about half a second all doors unlock, the same result as pressing it twice

a light tap will only open the drivers door

Raging Bull

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack L67
No it's not because he's holding the button too long. My car does the exact same thing, it's due to the mechanism inside the door connecting and disconnecting as the door is opened, it resets, you'll notice aswell if you have power windows that they light up aswell as though you've pressed the button.

What you have to do is take off the door trim and try and figure out a way to prevent the connection from disconnecting. It's very annoying thats for sure.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
The calais I just bought does exactly this also. I found while I had the door trim off that if I pressed the door loom in a certain place I could hear the locks trying to unlock.

This is due to a break in a wire in the door loom and it WILL get worse. My car is still under statutory warranty so I am getting the dealer to fix it on the weekend hehe.

To everyone else with this problem however, it will pay to get it fixed, because as the problem gets worse, theres a chance that it will intermittently do this even without you opening the door... which means your car will be randomly unlocking itself while you arent there!! Obviously this is very bad for theft deterrant lol. Another negative side effect is that it will flatten your battery with the locks going off their nut all the time...

Reccomendation: Get and auto electrician to fix it. It shouldn't be too expensive but I have not done it myself so I would not know how or how difficult.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
my dads car does this sometimes. when i open the drivers door the rest unlock. but not all the time. let us know what they fix and how if you could. funny thing is that it doesn't happen when my dad does it so he thinks i'm nuts.

Berlinarator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS-Z
yea mine does it too. another thing i noticed is that when you open the door, somewhere under the steering wheel (where the computer is) there is a sort of click noise, and the other doors don't unlock until it makes that noise. and sometimes it also clicks, say when you have the door half way open, then open it all the way up, and it'll click without shutting the door...

If i open the door say a quarter open with only the drivers door unlocked, and then climb in, the 'click' doesn't occur, and the other doors don't unlock...

danny1987

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore sedan
it also could be the central locking unit in the drivers door out of aliment cause if its droped it then hits the switch inside of it to open the other doors to see if this is the problem unlock the doors and open the drivers door but only lift the handle just anough to open the door the others shouldnt open then lift the drivers lock the others should open now if this happens take the door trim off and u will see the unit inside the door on the right there is 2 or 3hex screws on the out side of the door next to the locking latch loosen them then move the unit up a bit and test do it bit by bit try unlocking the doors and see if it does it still and if you move it to much up and the door wont open dont worry just turn the key in the door to open it then adjust it again i hope u understand this and helps if u need any more let me know and i will try to put pics up soon.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
The click you are hearing is the power door lock relay activating. If you can hear this noise when you move the door without lifting the handle, then the problem is not in the door lock actuator, but definitely a break in the loom.

It is understandable how this can happen, because with years of the door loom moving backwards and forwards, the wires inside become weak and break.

A similar problem very often occurs with the cruise control. The wires inside the indicator stalk break with the constant flicking up and down of the indicator. Fixing the cruise control is extremely easy and doesnt cost anything at all if you have a soldering iron and some spare wire lying around. The problem in the door loom, however, seems a lot harder to pin down to me. I will try and find out exactly what they did when the dealer has fixed it but getting that kind of info can be difficult.