Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Transmission cooler hoses/clamps

WiLo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec
need some help with the transmission cooler hoses(the rubber ones)
one of the hoses is leaking and the clamp has decided to break on me so im going to need to get the hose off to put a new clamp one so i figure i way aswell replace the hoses aswell while im at it as they seem a bit hard.

what do i need to replace them? should i just measure up how much i need and then go to repco opr something and get a length of hose then cut it and put it on or is there something that needs to be specially done to it? as far as i can see its just a case of take hose of put new hose on and do up those little clamp things.
is there any special rating the hose needs to be? im guessing something that can take high pressure?

i know its a bit vague and might be a little hard to understand but i cant word it properly

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
WiLo said:
need some help with the transmission cooler hoses(the rubber ones)
one of the hoses is leaking and the clamp has decided to break on me so im going to need to get the hose off to put a new clamp one so i figure i way aswell replace the hoses aswell while im at it as they seem a bit hard.

what do i need to replace them? should i just measure up how much i need and then go to repco opr something and get a length of hose then cut it and put it on or is there something that needs to be specially done to it? as far as i can see its just a case of take hose of put new hose on and do up those little clamp things.
is there any special rating the hose needs to be? im guessing something that can take high pressure?

i know its a bit vague and might be a little hard to understand but i cant word it properly

I had mine replaced before I bought my car, just ask for some 8mm Oil cooler hose, that will be suited for the job, and its what my car has. Just measure up what you have got now, and maybe just get a little bit extra to play with, you can always cut it off later if need be.

MBS206

Reaction score
Scott...

You can possibly steal mine if you want them.
Unsure of condition, but I have to check how I'm going to block my oil cooler holes first.

Edit: It's matt, (Kyosho)

Last edited:

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
If you have a series 2 VS the oil cooler hoses are not clamp on - they have screw on connectors at each end. They also have 2 trans oil coolers so you need to get the description right otherwise they just wont fit.

WiLo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec
thanks for the help everyone. its a series one and as far as i can tell it is just straight hose with the screw type clamps.
thanks for the offer matt but i may aswell put new ones on so i dont have to do it again anytime soon, and i want/need the car running tomorrow morning:p

WiLo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec
done, all fixed no leaks that i could see, as i said in the last post thanks everyone for the help and offers.
for future reference if anyone does a search for the same thing the hose is 5/16ths(think that was it but ill double check when i go down stairs to clean up)

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
WiLo said:
done, all fixed no leaks that i could see, as i said in the last post thanks everyone for the help and offers.
for future reference if anyone does a search for the same thing the hose is 5/16ths(think that was it but ill double check when i go down stairs to clean up)
5/16ths is 8mm

WiLo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec
yeah i know that but some people arent to familiar with the conversion between cm and inches. i know im not:p and from most of the work ive done a lot of the time hoses and clamps etc. use inches for the size

MBS206

Reaction score
maginoodle said:
5/16ths is 8mm
No it's not.
5/16ths is not a perfect 8mm. You will find problems in doing conversions like that if you want close fits etc (especially in tools, and if you get pipes etc you can have issues!)