Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ignition Leads

Dougeh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Executive
Just wondering what are the best ignition leads for a vs II v6? Im looking at magnecore leads as they look as if they are highly recommended :thumbsup: I am not sure where to buy them, a price, or what size would be best? 8.5,9,10mm? So Im after a little of advice and oppinions :) thanks again fellas :yeah:
EDIT: btw im in WA

Last edited:

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
your leads wont do much to be honest, just get a decent pair maybe 8mm and save your money. Unless you have a super high performance engine, the spark will be fine

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
not really no, just the standard 8mm, just as long as you dont get a lemon set (which does happen), and grip by the plug dont yank on the leads any should be fine. if you have a monster engine, thats when you consider upgrading to better leads, including coilpacks and whatnot.

inais

Rookie
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Ute
thanks for that.

I done the multi meter test and only the shortest lead (1) came up 20Ohms. So I think i need a change.

Should I replace the plugs at the same time? And how long are plugs and leads usually good for?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
ive had leads that have lasted years, last time i changed them was when my car running rough. i would change them all at the same time, so you know they are all good.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
yeah, do the plugs as well, they cost peanuts anyway. standard bosch or NGK are fine.
Leads, well i'm using magnecore blue, 'electrosports' , cos i got a good price and my mechanic mate reckons they can last 10 years. Plugs i reckon 50000 k's.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
i recently got NGK plugs for $24 and top gun 8.8mm leads for $40 all from autobarn, sale is still on

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Hi guys can someone please tell me what is the best for insulation around the leads.
I`ve got the plastic type and the heat on the passenger side on the motor is just making them brittle and they break off in pieces. :cry:

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
Aly foil tape, or some kind of heat shield over you exhaust manifolds perhaps?