Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Error Codes on my VS SS V8 Help!

R

Ravager

Hiya All,

Wondering if someone could offer some help?

The car has been running fine for the past few years but just recently started getting problems :( . Stalls, engine light coming on, Occasional gear stuck in 3rd with engine light (Auto Trans).

Did an engine fault test on the VS SS and got the following

12 - Normal Correct Operation

16 - ECT Sensor Voltage Unsteady (Electronic Coolant Sensor will replace depending on how $$)

35 - Idle Speed Error (Would this be related to 42?)

42 - Ignition Bypass Circuit Failure (Is this is this part of the Distributor EST circuit?).

72 - Vehicle Speed Sensor Intermittent While Driving (I've tried replacing the sensor on the transmission. However still there could it be a wiring problem).

Can anybody give me a little more insight to these problems?

The Engine seems runs OK apart from it stalling a couple of times at stop lights or corning.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks...

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
hmmm...they all seem unrelated.....
do a system re-set...
and then also re-set the IAC....
and then see..if they re-occur....

curious one..... :confused:

JT

Reaction score
Check the earth strap,seems to be too many errors at once

R

Ravager

Just to update everyone...

After clearing the codes it kept giving the error 42.

So did a little research and found the Ignition Bypass Circuit is part of the Ignition Module down near the Left Strut. To find out more went to the local holden dealer and got a photo copy from the Service guys about error 42 and how to ident if this is the problem.

So after doing some backprobing it all pointed to the Ignition module being faulty.. Called around a few Auto recyclers but none could supply a module so had to visit Holden again to get one.... Got the price $363 geee...

However I was 95% sure this was the problem so ended up cleaning my wallet.. To replace was a 2min job, which now has fixed all the problems...
:)