Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stuck ute fuel tank lid?

AGRO_38

Formerly SLAYR
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VS UTE
hi guys, i want to mount a sub in the long range fuel tank. Today i took the tray liner and unscrewed all the screws which hold fown the fuel tank cover in the tray. Problem is, the lid wont come off? Any pointers? Thanks heaps

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
I have the same problem, i couldnt find any simple solutions without damaging the paint, so i gave up :(

WiLo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec
can you get to the lid from underneath somehow? so you can put the force on the underside of the lid and push it off breaking the seal that the silicon has made?

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
hrmm well mynes a 95 model series I i just used a large flat blade screw driver to lever it off, that panel weighs a fair bit maybe 15kg's ?? its real solid metal, myne was actually stuck on with blue tac and the guy had pulled out all the rubber gromets from the inside because water had been bulding up i had a bit of bad rust under it aswell in the well all fixed and rust proofed now though :D

(mind you i just thought about it you guys dont want to damage the paint me on the other hand my tray looked like absolute crap really weird considering the outside is immaculate and the interior is immac dosent look like its had a minute of work under its belt so it didnt bother me i resprayed part of it and put a hard plastic tray liner in it)

(also reminded again going back to the rubber grommets you may be able to jack the ute up and stick a long rod through one of the rubber grommets untill it hits the panel and push it upwards, it wont dent it beeing so thick so yeah that might help that)

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
heres a diagram i drew of what it looks like under the lid and the approximate location of the holes

Last edited:

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
i used a flat head(large one) screw driver and i didnt wanna scratch the paint so i sandwiched a rag in between the screwdriver head and the plate. dont worry about denting anything, its that heavy and thick youd have to handle it pretty rough.

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
utility said:
i used a flat head(large one) screw driver and i didnt wanna scratch the paint so i sandwiched a rag in between the screwdriver head and the plate. dont worry about denting anything, its that heavy and thick youd have to handle it pretty rough.

we have a winner, less complicated than my idea :hit: