Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Warm Air VR

not_just_any_vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
hi all
ive got a vr v6 and my aircon has ran out of gas. no probs i prefer to have the windows down. but lately i have noticed that there is hottish air coming out of the air vents and it has a coolant smell. but the engine temp is fine,
WHAT THE?

commod8

swim wit da fishes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 Auto
hey buddy. does this hottish air and coolant smell come out of the vents when the air conditioning is ON, or the smell and the hot air always comes through the vents? when my parents' vr's air conditioning clackered, the air was warm only if we turned the air conditioning on. we had to re-gas it, and needed a new condensor, which we got second hand for i think roughly $250 (not 100% sure on the price). i'm not to sure why there is a smell of coolant though

not_just_any_vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
yeah trucks me. i think the heater switch may be broken. not switching off properly.

commod8

swim wit da fishes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 Auto
i think you maye have to take the car down to the experts mate. sorry i couldn't help, and good luck finding what's wrong