Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Filter

spac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Pac S2 M5
Hey guys,

I replaced my fuel filter with a new genuine holden one as the stock one is the orignal. It was cheap, so i thought why not, and guess what. it made a different. the car is a littler smother and does not feel as laboured at low revs in gear (5 speed). The new filter i could blow through it fairly easily, the old one i struggled to blow at all through it??

if your looking at spending $12 bucks on a nice fix, this is the one!
The car manual says just take out your fuel pump fuse, start the car and let it die from no fuel, this takes the pressure out of the fuel lines and stops it going every when you take the filter out.

just my 2 cents,

ps. at least wear prtective eye wear, petrol kinda stings the eys! haha

happy motoring

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
nice, i recently changed mine with a genuine one, it was bigger then the one already on the car, but it idles better.

DaPlaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series II
Yep agreed, I changed mine a couple of weeks ago with a Ricoh ($10) and it now has a much better fuel delivery. My car had a dead spot due to a restriction of fuel (only when reved hard) however it's been smoothened out by the new filter.

I do mine every 9 - 12 months now.