Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air Conditioning Question.

Onecontrolfreak

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a VR V8 Statesman and it keeps ripping off air conditioning belts.

I notice that when there is no belt on that the whole body of the air conditioning pump moves. Assuming this is not normal and this is where the problem is???

Looking at access to tighten the pump, how do I get to it? Do i need to remove he power steering bottle to access the areas?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Jamie

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I'd say one of the bolts holding the compressor to the mount is loose or the ear bit of the compressor which the bolt goes thru has snapped off (both are not uncommon). This would cause misalignment of the drive belt and throw the belt off the pulley. Its probably easier to see the problem from underneath with a torch - wait till the engine is cool and grasp the compressor and try to move it. Good Luck.

Onecontrolfreak

Reaction score
VR Air Conditioning.

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies.

Exactly my problem, I believe the pump is loose, but can't actually see where to tighten it up.

I might need to remove the P/S pump to get a better look.

Any other options that some may have, prior to taking off the pump?

Cheers

Jamie

:mad:

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
You should not take off the compressor - if you try to you will lose all your aircon gas.... as said before, eyeball it from all angles and you will soon figure out what is wrong. Buy one of those mirrors on a flexible arm from SuperCheap for less than $10. Maybe move the P/S pump to one side but only as a last resort.

94 Stato V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Series 11 wagon, 2014 VF SV6 Storm Ute
To move the power steering pump you undo the 2 top bolts onto the head then there is a 3rd one under those that is also on a slotted hole (I got caught on the weekend, took me a while to find it :whistling ).
If you need more info on what the aircon bracket looks like or whatever, I'll check mine out.

Onecontrolfreak

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the replies, I will try it on the weekend and let you know how i go...

Cheers

Jamie