Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hey all...

n1tr0us

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR acclaim
Just got myself a 1994 vr commo for $3500 without a RWC took it in last week $1000 later the machanic had done powersteering pump, front main seel, bushes in the front end, brackets for tranmission and some switch, and a full exauhst system, Went in to see how everything was going now it needs a sump gasket whitch means he needs to take out the crossmember oh and apparently it has a slow leek from the rear main seel but hell pass it for me...

so +$400:b:

sounds abit strange i no, but he went through it with me and showd me all the holes in the exauhst and all the parts that needed replacing.

so much for me thinking i got a good buy, but i geuss its not to bad it will be about $5500 all up i paid on it and at least i no its half decent now.​

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/4805/6029012d3gg.jpg

n1tr0us

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR acclaim
oh thanx lol flinstone charioty makes me feel heaps better, its got exelent interrior and its clean as, just them problems above

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
You will end up with a good car so it doesn't really matter. Whatever you drive is your car and not what someone else thinks it should be. Good Luck.

Blakie

Reaction score
Members Ride
94' VR Exec
dont stress, i paid 2800 and 1400 later steering rack etc. and now the gearbox is dead.. :p but the engine seems fine and i think im willing to do the work, not worth it but in the end i think ill have a decent car thatll keep me goin for a while

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Welcome to the VR/VS club. She looks tidy.

sam__kent

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
Same boat here - there's no such thing as a cheap car really. What you don't pay for the car when you buy it, you will more than likely pay for later down the track. For me it's a race between the gearbox and the engine to see which dies first.

Nice looking car you got N1tr0us, and for the work you are having done, you'll get some enjoyable and reliable motoring. And hako makes a good point about it being your car - at least the bank doesn't own it!

dontsailbackwards

I didn't do it
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais V6 '94
These cars are 10 years old. such is life - you either lose the money in depreciation (new car) or repairs (old car). My VR has cost me over $4k in repairs inthe last 18 months but it is actually a really good car to drive. a VT or VX would have cost me a lot more, in total.

Moral of the story is to do your home work before buying - I'd have kept looking if I knew then what I know now...

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
i think you got a fair deal for what was done.... $1000 is pretty cheap for what he has done cos theres about 4-5 hours labour there plus parts

T

TOBSTA

yeah i was just havin a crack at you because im in the same situation with a 180sx... you cant teach experience