Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

13 Fault code

willy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
I did the paper clip test on my vs, and i replaced the oxygen sensors with new ones from holden the old sensors where black as midnight when i took them out now its coming up with a 13 fault code right sensor no signal, i tightened it up and reset the computer and it came back, what can this mean.

and would it have an effect on my fuel economy.

Thanks in advance.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Check the connector. I replaced the orig with crimp. problem fixed

willy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
the wiring you mean.
what is a crimp and where do i get one

thanks

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
The oxy sensor connector. When you put the new sensor in you had to connect it to the wiring loom. This connector could be dodgy.

I stuck the wire I use to get the codes out (paper clip method) of the computer - eg code 13 - into the connectors of the new sensor 10kms from home. the car ran fine. When I got home and connected it properly the car was very sick. I cut the connector out and use the electrical terminal (spade and socket type) to join the wires together. The car went OK after that.

I use the terminals so I could pull it apart again. You can get them from most Auto part shops. Only cost a few $$ and the hand tool to squash them together may cost a bit more. Also a wrecker may do it for you.

willy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
so i disconnect the wireing loom and connect it with a paperclip and drive for a while and see what happens
do you connect all 4 terminal with paper clips.

sorry to be so stupid

V

vsturbov6

if all conections are good maybe have to get it scanned and erase all codes by a scanner

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sorry if I sound confusious. I bypassed the (oxy sensor) connector with a bit of wire to start with as the new oxy sensor was both female eg could not plug together and was not home with tools. The car drove home fine with a bit of wire stuffed in each end. Then joined the new oxy sensor using the connector off the old oxy sensor. The car ran sick. I then removed the original connector for the oxy sensor (just cut on both sides of the connector) striped back a bit of the wire on each end (one on the new oxy sensor and the other on the loom) used a terminal connector to replace the temp wire and the car ran fine. Hope this is a bit clearer.

Last edited:

willy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
thanks heaps for that information, i will try that and see what happens