Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Code 47..18X Reference Signal Missing

muney

On Da West Side
Reaction score
Members Ride
SVZ wagon
Hi all..figured out every other error code that my vr v6 is giving me..but what the hell is code 47 suppose to mean?? remembering that the engine light does not come on for this one..but what is it..how do i fix it..something about a 18X reference signal missing..can it be left like this or will it affect performance/fuel economy???
cheers for any help

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 l67 commodore berlina
hi muney, i know its been ages since u posted this but im wondering if u can help me i hav code 47 comming up, i hav changed plugs,leads ignition pack & CAS plus TPS & o2 sensors. still the code appears & the symptoms r Engine hesitation when i punch it once warm i, i can cruise around and it fine, but u hit the gas & it spits & sputters what do u think muney, ive got a fuel pressure tester comming soon i might ignore the code and go after fuel!

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
You should have noticed that muney's post in this thread was 14 years ago. You may be lucky to get a reply.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
.... unlikely, was last active on July 2008

I'd be checking the wiring for a continuity fault.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
In a VS 47 is a dodgy DFI but not sure about VR..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Did the ignition pack include the dfi? If not try that too. Also have a look at the dfi plug, are the pins clean? If not, clean them.
Lex, ive change the coils & the moduel ,cleaned pins. changed everything connected with spark checked fuses,new tps new cas plus new o2 sensors.still surging might b wireing not sure @ this point!

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Lex, ive change the coils & the moduel ,cleaned pins. changed everything connected with spark checked fuses,new tps new cas plus new o2 sensors.still surging might b wireing not sure @ this point!
On the surging, have you cleaned the iac & throttle body? If so, do you have any air leaks?
What happened to error code 47?

Reaction score
Members Ride
code 47still popping up Lex, ive cleaned the throttle body,but what im not sure, the IAC thats the sensor opposite the TPS on the throttle body isnt it? if it is, how do i go about cleaning it never pulled it off b4 ! but i did unplug it reciently ,cant remember what happend but i eliminated it from being my problem.