Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

parking up for a while

N

nzvsss

i want to park up my vs ss for about 4 months . is there anything i need to do like dissconnect the battery or something . i had a freind who parked his up for 3 months and he needed to reprograme the car and key . dave:

A

anotherstockvs

nah not really u can leave the battery connected, if u had any mods to the motor and u disconected the battery terminals for 3 months then the ECU would go bak to factory settings and would forget wat u have done to the motor ive never heard of having te re program the car and key before prolly be good to the night before ur car comes out of sleepin chrage the battery overnight and shibby rite

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
Make sure your tyres are fully inflated. Leaving them in one spot when slightly deflated can cause them to flatspot.

N

nzvsss

thanks for the info

ill do that . my friends one lost its memory some how maybe it was another fault
also good tip about the tyres to i forgot about that . thanks dave.

3800VH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLX V6
start it once a week. and try to not have much petrol in the tank as it might go off.try and have it sitting on stands if you have them

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
Pop the bonnet before locking the car and hook some good VB cord around the bonnet catch, if the battery does go flat you pull the cord to pop the bonnet, replace battery and go. It can't hurt using stands / bricks, stop the tyres becoming disstorted from sitting for a while.