Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr Statesman Trans

B

beaub_05

Hi All Just Bought A Vr Statesman 5ltr
Trans Slipping Problem Is Underload Slips And Holds Gears Then Harsh Change
Any Sugestions?
Fluid Level Ok Smells A Bit Off

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
Is the fluid like a brownish colour? Could need a service, there's probably a build up of crap in the filter and the fluids not getting through.

Servicing it yourself costs about $50 and takes about 30mins to an hour.

lilkel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 BT1,VR 5.0l statesman
hi, i have a VR statesman too and i was having the same peoblems as you've described plus when i put my foot down it would jump in and out of gear and have trouble picking which gear it wanted to select... i hope for your sake yours doesn't have the same problem as mine cause about 3 months after i started to notice it my transmission went completely... i just had to replace it and i had a hard time getting a transmission for it too we had to sit down and ring place after place to find a secondhand transmission for as they want $2000 for a reco and my stato already owes me TOO MUCH... i picked up a secondhand box with a 6month warantee for $650... goodluck with it!!

turkey nuts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
if the fluid is fine then the problem is the rings that surround the clutch plates inside the trans.. this can be very easy or very hard.. for your sake there is an adjustment you can do on the bands to tighten them soo if this works your trans will run for a year plus like this with out costin you a cent, except for oil change.. but sometimes you will adjust the bands start her up drive down the road and bang shes dead.. lol its a risk but can save u alot