Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nearly Empty

crazzyboy_16

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec Wagon
Hello everyone i own a VS Exec Wagon with the 3.8L ecotec motor, when running out of fuel from the first emptry fuel beep or so does anybody know a round about figure on how many Km's i can do until i run out of fuel or how man litres the cars reserve is? cheers crazzyboy_16

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
It does vary but I get at least 80km after the first warning chime though I've never run till dry as I don't want to suck up crap and stuff the fuel pump. When you fill it up, take a note of how many litres it took to fill and subtract that from the tank capacity - then you'll know how many litres left. Mine will take about 50 litres when the chime sounds - tank holds 59 litres (sedan not wagon). Just remember this can vary from car to car.

frenzal_tom

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS2 Berlina
yeh same as above 59ltr tank chime after 50 ltrs

vs_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6 Wagon and VT Exec V6 Wagon
But like hako said it aint good to run it too low. will dirty up the fuel lines etc

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
i always play safe and try to re-fuel within 20km when i get a chime, but i have no idea how long mine would go, takes ages for it to chime in the first place

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Actually the other day I filled 63ltrs (first time that much) of fuel from Woolworths Caltex, then realised I had a 63ltr tank and the gauge was showing just above the red line before I filled up. Normally I put 57ltrs.

_Mukas_

DJ Titan...Hardstyle guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
i rarely let my car get down to the chime, i like to refill mine when she hits the line below 1/4 tank....

VR_Project

Reaction score
Members Ride
MWS Improved VS Ute
read in my owners manual that the chime will sound when there is 8 litres left in the tank, so that will give you approx 80kms (depending on how you drive of course)