Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

suspension bushes

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
just found out me bushes are munted. and will need to replace them when i get the big girl lowered. any1 know what a set will cost me? also can sum1 tell me how many i will need for alll 4 corners thanks...4?

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
what bushes are you talking about man...there's quite alot. radius arm bushes, sway bar and link pin bushes, upper and lower bushes...so what needs replacing?
most of the time the neccessary parts will come in a kit, for eg. a sway bar link pin kit, which has all the bushes and washers needed for that area.

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
i dont really know ay when my car was at the mechanics last few months ago i remember him saying ur bushes are stuffed and will need replacing soon.. u talking about a nolathane kit??? der priced at like $400!

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
like i said before man, you need to know what bushes need replacing, its no use going to a shop and asking for "bushes for a vs"..they wont know what you want. so find out exactly what is stuffed.
as for price, if you were to replace every single bush with nolathane ones it would be about $300+ for all the individual bush kits needed. rubber bushes are cheaper, but they're pretty crap in my opinion and dont last as long.

DaPlaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series II
it's Panhard - don't pronounce the H either.

I have done my complete back end (live rear axle) now most of it I did my self with the following cost:

Panhard Rod Nolathane bush kit $20
Sway Bar Nolathane Bush kit ends plus 'D' bushes $20
Upper control arms came in a kit, you exchange your old arms for new arms as the bushes are pressed in $100
I got the lower control arms done at pedders for $180 ($100 for parts) I could have done it myself with a lot of mucking around as the diff end bushes are actually pressed into the diff, didn't have the tools to do it.

Radius arm rods were done too (at pedders) for $170

Go to pedders and get a $14 suspension check, they'll let you know what needs to be replaced they'll also give you a qoute, however they are price and not everything they say needs replacing. I didn't trust em so I asked if I could have look myself on their hoist, and sure enough my rear bushes were shot (which i pretty much already new) and some of my front end was fine, when they said it wasnt

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
lol, i like that, you say to take it to pedders...then in the next sentence you say you dont trust them (rightfully so i might add, pedders are a rip-off).

DaPlaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series II
sircruisealotVS said:
lol, i like that, you say to take it to pedders...then in the next sentence you say you dont trust them (rightfully so i might add, pedders are a rip-off).

Yeah it's a bit contradictive isn't it, although I think they are great at letting you know what the problem is for $14 - not bad!

However they are pricey when they want to fix the problem and parts are a bit $$$ and I don't wouldn't be happy paying there prices.

stateo 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vs serries111 statesman 5.0
do u still want those springs kritical??