Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Trip computer

soulyouth

Space Docker
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sold for scrap :(
I was playing around with the trip computer in my VR Calais seeing if there were any other uses, and I found if you hold down set for a while on each of the 3 different modes you would get 3 different set up thingys
on one of them it tells you how much petrol is in the tank (live, have rocked car and it changes realtime) and the other 2 seem to be some type of set up for the trip computer, any help as to wot these are and wot there used 4 would be great, if I didn't give enough info I will write more up on it just ask Ok :)
cheers

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
im sure one of the settings is the digital speedo

stinky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Executive
My mate's got a VR Berlina, and to active these 'hidden' functions, he holds down set and down buttons (if i remember correctly) before starting the car...this brings up a bunch of extra features

from memory:
-digital speedo
-digital voltmeter
-digital fuel level
-diagnostics
-fuel tank sender voltage
-fuel comsumption/hour

i think u press mode to scroll through all these displays. There is also one display where everything lites up, and the speedo and tacho go up to 100km/h........some sort of diagnostic test thingy.

Lord-Data

Reaction score
Website
www.VIDGuide.com
Members Ride
Impulse Blue VE SV6
This is actually 2 seperate things being talked about .. the VR/VS Trip Computer (3 window) has 2 different modes of hidden details.

One is to hold down "SET" while your in normal mode, and depending on which of the 3 mode screens you were on, you get different details. As the original poster mentioned, one is a real time fuel level indicator, the other 2 are calibration details used to optimise the trip computers readings .. pressing up/down while holding set on these 2 screens will alter the detail. One if FLO-CAL, the other is DIST-CAL i believe .. relating to distance measurement (probably needed if you change rim size/tyre size drastically?) and the other is the measurement calibration for the ammount of fuel consumed .. ie, the flow rate.

The other mode is to hold the buttons down while starting the car, and you get the 3 screens mentioned by the other poster. On the "diagnostic" screen, which lights everything up, you should also get a constant buzzing from the beeper, to test its working. Press mode again to switch back to normal. Pressing mode/up again will revert to normal display mode.