Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1/4 Mile Time Vr V6 Auto?

QIK51X

Holden V6 N/A 14.7@94mph
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vr commodore v6
Hey guys,

My brother has followed in my footsteps and has bought the exact same car I have been driving for the past few years. He has bought a Holden VR Acclaim V6 Series 1 (ABS/IRS equipped model) a few weeks ago. He is still on his P's so he can't have turbo or V8's yet. He didn't waste his time in trying to replicate the mods I have done to my VR V6. I list the things he has done so far:

Rebuilt motor (Stage 3 Crow Cams Kit)
Rebuilt Gearbox (Stage 2 Shift kit)
3.91 Diff ratio change.

The Exhaust is still stock standard, as is the air intake. He is going to run at WSID this following Wednseday, and he is bugging me in what time he will run. I go to him just run it and see what you get but he keeps on persisting to post something here and asked people with v6 commodores what mods they have done and what 1/4 mile times they have.

So I'll start with my car. Even if its stock you can still reply.

CAR: Holden Commodore VR V6 Acclaim Auto

MODS: Fully Rebuilt motor with Stage 3 Crow Cams Kit with Shaved Heads
Fully Rebuilt gearbox Stage 2 shift kit, kevlar bands, clutches
Pacemaker Extractors,
2 1/2 inch custom exhaust with hiflow cat,
SS Inductions CAI + K&N Filter.
3.91 Diff Ratio

Best 1/4 Mile Time: VENUE: WSID Eastern Creek
DATE: 12th June 2006
60 FOOT: 2.186s
1/8 MILE: [email protected]
1/4 MILE: [email protected]

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
I haven't run my car down the track yet but it's completely stock so don't think it's worth it yet. Tell your brother to save his money get extractors/headers and exhaust before he runs it down the track because it would be getting seriously choked at the moment. And tell him $50 for the genuine CAI is worth the money (if he doesn't have the money for a k&n filter to get a redline filter)

QIK51X

Holden V6 N/A 14.7@94mph
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vr commodore v6
I haven't run my car down the track yet but it's completely stock so don't think it's worth it yet. Tell your brother to save his money get extractors/headers and exhaust before he runs it down the track because it would be getting seriously choked at the moment. And tell him $50 for the genuine CAI is worth the money (if he doesn't have the money for a k&n filter to get a redline filter)

Thanks for your reply. He is copying what I did to my car plus he will add extra things to try and beat my 14.7 second ET. Yeah he will get the same system I have in my car which is pacemaker extractors, 2 1/2 inch custom exhaust and a hiflow cat. Also same air intake SS inductions & K&N filter. He also might get a 2500rpm stall converter and dyno tuned he is trying to get better than 14.5 seconds. I'm getting a WRX MY99 next month. He could do all he wants to his V6 I should beat him quite easily in a stock rex. :dance:

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
tell your brother i think he'd be very lucky to into the 14's...more likely a mid to low 15 with his current setup.

Slow VR

Another White Crummodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series II
Maybe he should just stick to traffic lite drags against riced up civics n lancers?

HsvPlayBoy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Hsv 185i
Tell ya Bro to Turbo charge the V6 They get out calderpark sumtimes and are running high 11 's and very low 12's but they sound Mad Cheers Man

totq

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais 3.8, Raptor S/C
how does your crow stage 3 kits idle? rough/smooth?
did you guys port and polish the heads?
try not to get caught dragging on the roads and have the coppers stick a gas analyser up your exhaust....i believe crow's stg 3 kits dont have EPA emission compliance...it will be expensive for yous to have it removed for roadworthy compliance.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
standard VN s1 V6 5spd except a shielded pod and headers incuding the stock zorst with stuffed mufflerand open diff. best 15.8 sec 1/4mile (gtech before the shielded pod) your brother should pull a low 15. if he does the full zorst/intake and a good custom tune he may pull a 14.5 with a good highstall converter

QIK51X

Holden V6 N/A 14.7@94mph
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vr commodore v6
Maybe he should just stick to traffic lite drags against riced up civics n lancers?

Civics and lancers are no match for our cars, trust me. For what is a pre 1980 built buick 3.8 engine with no high tech components normally aspirated putting power through the worst built gearboxes. A 14.7 my car has done is pretty respectable. Put it this way I raced my mates 2006 WRX from a set of lights, just taking off normally off the start and then pressing it half way through 1st I was neck and neck with him to 150kph, he started pulling a bit after that and beat me by a car length to 180kph. And he knows how to change gears. His car has shown me the light im getting a WRX very very soon. I love the noise they make, and they do High 13's stock.

QIK51X

Holden V6 N/A 14.7@94mph
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vr commodore v6
standard VN s1 V6 5spd except a shielded pod and headers incuding the stock zorst with stuffed mufflerand open diff. best 15.8 sec 1/4mile (gtech before the shielded pod) your brother should pull a low 15. if he does the full zorst/intake and a good custom tune he may pull a 14.5 with a good highstall converter

Thats what he is aiming for 14.5. I got a 14.7 with a standard stall and no custom tune. He will do the same exact mods as mine plus these two mods.

If I was able to bring my 60 foot down from 2.2 to 2.0 I will get a 14.3 to 14.4 second 1/4 mile time (basic rule: every 0.1s off your 60 foot time you will save 0.2s off your 1/4 mile ET) which is stock GEN3 5.7 SS territory for VT-VX.

I have raced a few Gen 3's on the road we are neck and neck to around 130kph to 140kph and then they pull away pretty quickly after that. Same as WRX's and XR6 Turbos stock of course. I've beaten every Supercharged V6 Commodore I've raced except for one that beat me by 1 1/2 car lengths to 120kph.

Wait to you see when I am finished modding my WRX. have it booked in 1 week after I pick up my WRX. Have you heard of the rigolis. This is the setup I am going for.

Its a Rigoli built EJ2026 Race block fully closed deck
A Garrett GT35R Turbo rated to 650HP
Massive Custom front mount Intercooler
4 x 1200cc Injectors
Microtech LT12 Computer
Straight Cut Dog Box
3 1/2 inch turbo back exhaust.

The WRX is costing me $18000 to buy the mods an extra $16000+ roughly. So for under $40000 my car will do high 10's and eat probably every RWD car on the street running standard tyres. And I mean every RWD including Lambos Ferraris etc riunning true street tires. Cars riding around on full slicks is a different story. I might catch up with Dave Dwilz with his '1TT-38L' and give him a go but he is not allowed to use slicks. Just kidding i wouldnt bother racing that its a missile and does 9's.

Last edited: