Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Diagnostic Mode, VS Trip Computer

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
There was a post here about accessing the diagnostic mode of the trip computer, where you start the car with the "Mode" and "Set" buttons pressed, giving you Volts and a digital speedo amongst other things.

My question is that when you go to the diagnostic where EVERYTHING lights up on the three little screens, you can see Miles Per Gallon and Miles Per Hour amongst other intersting names.
Is there a way to get the trip computer to change to Miles Per Gallon instead of Liters Per 100 Kilometers just for a change? Of course, it has nothing to do with the fact that I hate "Lts/100km" as a fuel measure... :b: :p ....miles per gallon means more to me at a glance, sorry.

Anyone, say a Holden mechanic, know about whether these are in the computer somewhere?

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I'd like to go to mpg too but I don't think you can.There's nothing inside trip computer that I can see that you can switch or jumper to make it read that way and you can't operate the switches to make it do it either.

Lord-Data

Reaction score
Website
www.VIDGuide.com
Members Ride
Impulse Blue VE SV6
markovr said:
I'd like to go to mpg too but I don't think you can.There's nothing inside trip computer that I can see that you can switch or jumper to make it read that way and you can't operate the switches to make it do it either.
When you go to diag mode, the 3rd screen lights up every detail on the LCD .. does it have a MPG light up? or they all only KMs? I'm sure i've seen a MPH for speed there .. nfi how you actually change it tho :)

mixin

Ol' fart, young heart!
Reaction score
It's because GMH share GM world technology - the VK Calais with the digi dash used a 16ppr speed sender instead of the US 10ppr sender as a crude way to make the speedo read in km/h.....

Basically it's a software change that does it, so it would be all but impossible to DIY.

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
I had a feeling that it was probably a software issue to do with US tech...the dead giveaway to this is that the "up and down" incriments on the cruise control on the end of the indicator stalk are in 1.6 km/hr incriments...or exactly 1 mph...obviously using USA metering but reading it out as km/hr...

D

darbyian

How to get Diag mode

Hi All ---how does one go into Diag mode ( using mode/up/down buttons) to extract the last fault code on a VX2 gen3 vehicle.??? has anyone been there???

Regards :unsure: :bang: :bang: