Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Boot Struts

robert_buntine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commdore Executive '89
Hey,

Have a Berlina with a Rear Wing (HSV) on it. Put new struts in but it still
doesn't hold the boot lid open.

Any ideas? I've been told it could be a different bracket from the berlina one. Any one in the know?

Thanks.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
hey there, where abouts did u get the boot struts from? did u tell them that u had a spoiler on it?
i got mine from ebay, and you had to specify if u had no spoiler, standard spoiler or the bigger hsv spoiler on it, the struts look the same, but they are pressurised more or less depending on the total weight of ur boot..

hope this helps

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
My car has a spoiler and still had the standard exec struts in but wore out so i replaced mine with the same ones that came out on the VR/VS SS. Haven't had a problem since.

robert_buntine

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah I've got a set of VS SS Struts on them.

The boot sometimes stays open, other times it decides it doesn't want to.

So the struts are made for the spoiler. Wondering does anyone have a photo of what the bracket looks like? It's the Senator/Clubbie spoiler (big monster of a thing - which is good for looks only...) :D

Thanks.

97 SEN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV SENATOR
I have a vs senator, the struts i have actually mount to the back of the seats instead of where they mount on vs exec and vs equip.

I thought they where after market, but when i had it all apart for the stereo they look like they where done at the factory.

the struts are a lot longer and the brackets are a simple "L" shape item that you could make your self if you had to.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
I replaced the struts on my old VS because the knob previous owner added the HSV spoiler without changing the struts. I went to supercheap and got them to order in struts for a HSV Club Sport VS and they were a straight swap. Held the boot open nice and strongly after that. They were about $30 each.

robert_buntine

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sweet. I'll check that out...

Thanks for the info...