Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

auto gear nob

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
just wiggle it around for a bit then put you fingers under neath the front part of the knob and lift up really hard should come off

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
grap the bit of the knob (lol) that goes down the shifter at the back, the long bit. try pulling that up and tilt it forward towards the dash.
if you pull straight up on the gear knob it wont budge, bacause as you'll find out there are small spikes angled downwards on the shifter that hang onto the knob and will dig in if you pull it upwards.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
yeah, just the top, not the lever that pulls up underneath. it is hard to get at first, but loosed it up wiggling it back and forth...then try pulling up the back of the knob towards the dash.

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
grap the bit of the knob (lol) that goes down the shifter at the back, the long bit. try pulling that up and tilt it forward towards the dash.
if you pull straight up on the gear knob it wont budge, bacause as you'll find out there are small spikes angled downwards on the shifter that hang onto the knob and will dig in if you pull it upwards.

thanks mate i just changed mine to replace my worn leather knob and your post helped a lot :thumbsup: thanks

i would add 2 your reputation but i cant see the scales appear on the posts, only on mine so sorry mate but thanks heaps

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
no worries mate, it took me about half an hour to work that out myself when i changed mine....i kept pulling it up, tilting forwards is the key! so im only too happy to supply the info to help others.