Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Conversion from auto to manual Vr V6

B

braca1975

Hi all
Just wondering I just did a auto to manual conversion on my V6 beast and was wondering if the wiring of the automatic transmission will effect the performance of the engine or anything else on the car. If so can i bypass the wiring, also is that the reason that the thermo fans are constantly on. Please help me :hit:

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
try doing a search on here for conversion , you should get plenty of info on your swap.
the engine fans are on because of the wiring yes, you will need to make sure you have a speed sensor connected to your manual trans & contact me for a conversion memcal to eliminate the codes for the transmission, a few of the guys on here have done this & are very happy with the results

Cheers Rob

TAILS83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
just rewire the auto loom it will take you about an hour to work out where the wires go, use a gregeries manual and then about an hour to change the pins on the computer connector

use a vn computer if you can't find a vr v6 manual one, i have one spare but if you want to pay me almost what i paid then u can buy it off me

i'm still running a vn computer as it works and i got no problems with it.

u also have to wire in a pulse divider into the loom which will require 4 hirw hook up, they can be found in the back of a vn instrument cluster.

if you want more helpjust pm me i'd be happy to help, i've done a few converions.

Lyoness

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7 M6
Hi,
just wondering, I've always wanted to convert my auto vr series 2 to manual but was unsure of what I needed to change.
I was told i would need a new gearbox (obviously), drive line & shaft but was unsure about anything else i need plus I was told i would need a manual computer as i wouldn't be able to use my auto one.

HELP!!!

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
try doing a search on here for conversion , you should get plenty of info on your swap.
the engine fans are on because of the wiring yes, you will need to make sure you have a speed sensor connected to your manual trans & contact me for a conversion memcal to eliminate the codes for the transmission, a few of the guys on here have done this & are very happy with the results

Cheers Rob

Spanner

Reaction score
I have read about this sorta stuff before, and the main comment that i keep coming across is that it is cheaper to buy a manual commodore than to convert.

By the time you get the pedal box, wiring looms, dash panels, gearbox itself and so on, unless you can do all of it yourself it is going to cost a **** load

But then again it is up to you...

Last edited:

Lyoness

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7 M6
I did a quick search on manual conversions and their are some really excellent treads about them, reckon you give them a read, will heaps you out heaps.

VSst8o

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs statesman III
hi.. does anyone no if the cranks an flywheels are different on the vs-vt?? iv'e got a series 3 vs stato 1999 im pretty sure it has the vt motor n box.. can anyone help me?