Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

error code 68

n1tr0us

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR acclaim
Hey all.. just a quik question i have a 1994 vr acclaim and recently the engine warning light has been coming on when driving up hills or on a rise on the highway. I tested the computer for error codes and got (Code 68 - Transmission Component Slipping - Auto Transmission Only )... the transmission works fine changes gears nice drops back gears perfectly and pulls up hills fine. Iv'e read that the computers used in these cars are prone for false error codes but i just find it weird how it comes on going uphill. ive reset the computer that didnt change anything.

Thanx, any info would be mch appreciated...

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
maybe its a little low on fluid.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the false coding would have made itself evident by now, i would suggest the trans has an issue.

Rob

n1tr0us

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR acclaim
iv'e checked fluid level.. is perfect..

thanx for the replies... So what do you recomend i should do? drive it with the light on and wait to see if something happens or take it in to a machanic and be reemed with a big bill?

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
iv'e checked fluid level.. is perfect..

thanx for the replies... So what do you recomend i should do? drive it with the light on and wait to see if something happens or take it in to a machanic and be reemed with a big bill?

i would take it to a mechanic & get it fixed, it has a problem, if you keep driving it it will end up costing you more