Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bigger throttle body to fit a VR v6 ??????

madvrcom

Reaction score
hey i was thinking of trying to fit a bigger throttle body to my VR v6 commodore and was just wondering what sought would fit it?

would a vr v8 body fit, or any other newer model bodies fit?

cheers felaz

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
im not certain if a v8 throttle body will bolt straight up (as i have a VS) but there are a few bored out throttle bodies made by a few companies, also can be found on ebay..

but in doing so it stuffs up the shifts from ur auto.. theres been a few threads on this topic, have a quick search around..

Bottom of this thread has some "similar Threads" may be what ur after

Slow VR

Another White Crummodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series II
Why bother....? Stop stuffing around with **** that dosnt need to be changed. Ur only going to cause more problems for ur self. And dont say it will make ur car faster! If u wanna go faster, only keep 10 litres of fuel in ur tank at all times, pull ur back seat out and never carry passengers.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
thought it would be ok cause the VR still uses the MAP tune but i could be wrong. the V8 TB does bolt straight up and is 65mm Vs 60mm standard or you could get a 70mm bored job from the net. maybe have a look in the "how to" section and look for foamy's thread on how to make sure the TB opens 100%, then clean up your standard TB by grinding out the lip nearthe butterfly and you could also knife edge the butterfly and if you get really enthusiastic you could also pull the TB apart and slim down the butterfly shaft. the larger TB doesn't give much in the way of performance untill you get into the bigger mods like cams and porting the heads etc whe nthe xtra flow potential is really needed. everylittle bit helps though in the bigger scheme of things.

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
thought it would be ok cause the VR still uses the MAP tune but i could be wrong. the V8 TB does bolt straight up and is 65mm Vs 60mm standard or you could get a 70mm bored job from the net. maybe have a look in the "how to" section and look for foamy's thread on how to make sure the TB opens 100%, then clean up your standard TB by grinding out the lip nearthe butterfly and you could also knife edge the butterfly and if you get really enthusiastic you could also pull the TB apart and slim down the butterfly shaft. the larger TB doesn't give much in the way of performance untill you get into the bigger mods like cams and porting the heads etc whe nthe xtra flow potential is really needed. everylittle bit helps though in the bigger scheme of things.

Ahh yes your right. Didnt realise it was a VR.

It shouldnt have as many problems as an Ecotec, but like immortality says, its not really worth the trouble and money on a stock engine. Just do the checks and mods he said.

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
Tried it and I reccomend you dont. Did it with mine, f****d up shift points, ran rich, stalled.

Nuff' said. Changed it back now