Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

trip computer/total distance computer STOPPED!

Juzzy21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Execuive
hey guys,

just driving yesterday, i realised that my trip computer stopped and therfore the total distance one did aswell. not sure why? if i push the 'set' button again, it sometimes works for a few km's then dies again..
any ideas on how to fix this problem?

help would be much appreciated.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
faulty control panel maybe. never heard of this before. the trip computer shouldn't effect the total distance travelled by the vehicle

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
i think he means his odometer stopped, the fact that its digital and not run by a gerbil in a cage spinning some cogs makes it weird...

JoshsVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec S2
awesome, now u can drive all around australia without bumping up the k's :yeah: lol jks. my uncle's VR ute did exactly the same thing. but he had tampered with it a while back anyway which is prob y it stopped (had done well over 400,000ks). it ended up getting stollen and trashed, so he bought a brand new (at the time) black VYII V8 6spd manual ute out of his insurrance payout! awesome car 2 drive :D
take it to holen n get em to fix it, it should be their prob. unless of course u did tamper with it... lol ;)

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
check the purple wire for the 4th connector. i think its purple anyway. otherwise you may have broken circuit tracks on the back of the cluster

Juzzy21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Execuive
thanks for all your help guys.
it fixed itself, now it works fine all the time, no dramas...
weird things cars.. haha