Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how do i take off the pulley/harmonic balancer?

Dragz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
hey guys how do i take off the pulley/harmonic balancer? it blew up:'( stupid car....anyways help apriciated...thnx

Dragz.:bang:

BeNoS

PROUDLY ON THE PUSHY
Reaction score
Members Ride
1000hp trek pushie (on a good day)
to start wif take off da drive belt and now this is the dodgy but most effective way of crackin the bolt get a socket that fits the bolt think its like 22 or sumfin not sure get a big breaker bar rest the bar against the chassis rail and just flick the key do this a few times and that will crack the bolt carefull the bar doesnt fly off and wipe out the radiator though probs best to do this wif 2 ppl just make sure the car doesnt start
then the harmonic balancer should just slide off if it doesnt u may need a harmonic balancer puller
hope this helps

Dragz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
LOL i think im gonna need a step by step instructions in a more simpler language....i have no idea what u mean by key thing... and crack bolt....sorry im abit lost.:wax:

Dragz:bang:

BeNoS

PROUDLY ON THE PUSHY
Reaction score
Members Ride
1000hp trek pushie (on a good day)
lol na thats kewl
ok step one will be to remove the accessory belt and mayby fan unless fitted with electric fan should be 4 10mm bolts
step 2 to remove u will need to crack the centre bolt or crank bolt in the middle of the harmonic balancer this should be a 22mm socket and get a long breaker bar on the socket
s3 place the breaker bar and socket on bolt and spin motor in correct direction untill bar rests against chassis rail then get a m8 to flick the ignition key but only for a split second u mite have to do this a couple of times but this will crack the bolt eventually
then remove bolt and the balancer should just slide off
if the balancer doesnt slide off u may need a harmonic balancer puller

it can be a little dangerous if done wrong but fairly easy to do

to put it on is a little different but still isnt very hard
sum1 else may be able to make this a little more understandable i aint to good at explainin things lol
hope that helps if not mayby try the diy section it may have something in there bout it
good luck

Dragz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
ah i get it now =D...thnx alot man..but am gonna need to know how to put new one on lol.... thnx alot man i appriciate this alot.

Dragz.:thumbsup: