Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine MountS!!!!

Joey_21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 HBD---mmmm LS1
wondering how much an engine mount is as my left sides gone i jus recenlty put extractors in and noticed when i touch the accelerator or slowy build up my speed it sounds like sumthings scrapping but its only wen im slowly driving and only when touching the accelerator could this be cos of the enigine mount and also when i turn right it doesnt make the noise so thats y i was thinkng it was the mount?

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Check the engine sump if its below the K frame. And also you could try quickly rev the engine with the bonnet open and see if it moves too much to the side.

There is also something about the bolt in the engine mount hitting part of the K frame, means it is worn out, (Can't remember)

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
yeah im not sure on labour costs, I was looking at my mounts the other day and they seem ok but I was wondering if they ever did need changing, would it be possible to simply support the engine and undo one side, lift the bolt out, slide the mount out and slide a new one in, refit bolt, lower engine back down a bit and tighten it up?

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
You can on one side, but its not as easy on the other.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
with jobs that involve moving the engine or supporting the engine or well anything like that, I'd liketo say F&*(&() that, hire a mechanic :D

-UNKNOWN-

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 VR S2 BT1 5 Speed, N13 Pulsar Vector
$50 each from sprints, if you are gonna change 1 id sudgest do both at the same time. You have to lift the motor to change them and remove the AC pump on one side. Did mine about a month ago... Wont do it again!