Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Code 31 - Theft Deterrent Signal Missing ???

Mr Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV
what the hell is that.When i turn the key some times nothing hapens then i turn againe and she fires up,Engine warning light comes on for a secon or 2 then turns off.
did a diognostic and got Code 31 - Theft Deterrent Signal Missing.
I got the std anti theft bull **** on it with the key hole in the pasangers dore but dont nop how to use it and dont even no if it works.How is this supose to work and what the hell is the problem.
thanks to all that can help.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the system is working fine, when it wont start the key hasnt been read,its normally a sign that the key is failing. the code is a bit of a giveaway

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You could try bending the two metal strips on the ignition barrel out a bit so the key makes good contact. I didn't check for errors on my VS, but it did the same thing the other day, bent them up and hasn't done it since.

Mr Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV
thanks peoples ill try my spare key and pull the tabs out a bit and see how we go.
Sounds like a small problem so thats great
thanks againe

ozzie_online88

I'm No Superman...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S1 Exec
Ive had that problem for like a year now, only happens like once every 2 weeks or so, maybe its about time I try fixing it :D

Is it worth cleaning out my key? I know theres a forum in the how to section on how to do this.