Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

v6 automatic transmission

gee38l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I think my transmission is in need of a service and i have never done this on any of my cars. Could any one please give any advice. Whats actually involved i remmeber seeing an ad for midas saying they offer a gearbox flush and service is that something i could get? Any advice would be great on price and whats involved. thanks in advance

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
All you can do is ask around and find a reputable transmission shop and book it in for a service. Bet your bottom dollar that if you say to them that you "think it needs a service" the result will be that its on its last legs and you need a reconditioned auto fitted.
The problem with getting a "flush and service" is that this will cost about $220 and this may still leave you with a very worn auto. Or they will call you to look at all the crap in the auto sump when its on the hoist and pressure you to fit a reco.
The end result is that you need to be careful - autos are a grey area.

Brucefromruse

CRAVEN MOORHEAD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive s2
I was about to do it myself but the whole pan has to come off and its just too effing messy.So i rang a place in Campbelltown and i am so glad i did.
This is what they did for a hundred bucks( i provided my filter and gasket from "auto one" $17.) Firstly the guy reckons the cork gaskets leak, so they used thier own cardboard style(it clamps down firmer than cork).Ok they hoisted it up removed the pan,checked for bits n pieces of crap,cleaned it up,checked linkages and settings etc then put it back together,filled her up with oil took it for a test run then put the computor thing on to see if any faults were registered,lucky me all was ok. The job took about 1 hour and i watched em do it.So i suppose around 120 to 150 dollars is well spent if your lookin around.:)

V85000i

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5L Calais
they only changed 5L of fluid, your trans holds 11L.