Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sagging in the A#$e End!

Waussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec V6 Clubsport Kit
Howdy All,

Noticed today that the tail end of my VS sedan is sagging badly in the rear, predominately on the left hand side. :cry:

Murphy was about as the trolley jack is stuffed so could not get under to check in the failing light. :bang:

The VS has a clubsport kit with 235/45/17 tyres. When I hit a bump the left rear guard is rubbing on the outer edge of the left rear tyre. The right hand side is about a good 50mm above the top of the tyre.

Any ideas or similar experiences.

Cheers...Waussie.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Most likely you have a collapsed spring. But check that nothing has broken.

gee38l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
does it have a solid rear axle? If so maybe panhard rod?

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
My bet would be that you have a buggered spring. But like NAAF has said, something might be broken.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
does it have a solid rear axle? If so maybe panhard rod?

Being an exec, I would say it is live axle. The panhard rod would be pushing the diff to the left because it has dropped, but it has no effect on actual ride height.

Waussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec V6 Clubsport Kit
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the replies and suggestions, yes it has a solid diff (not IRS). Had a look today, nothing looks major but quite a few of the bushes are stuffed. Might see if I can get one of those rubber bush kits and replace all down back (or get someone to do it for me).

Got some new shocks today, but I'm not sure that they are stuffed either, still at 35 bucks each, best to be safe than sorry.

What I also noticed was that the left rear spring is more compressed than the right but doesn't appear broken. Will investigate closer over the next few days.

Regards...Waussie.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
That would be your problem then, get a set of springs first.

Waussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec V6 Clubsport Kit
G'day,

Thanks NAAF for the advice.

Got a set of new King Springs today, put in along with the new shockies and she is sitting much betterer.

On closer inspection the bushes aren't quite as bad as first thought, just the Panhard rod bushes mainly. Ride is a bit stiff but this is to be expected after new springs and shocks. Other than that, looks like it is sorted!

Thanks to all,

Cheers...Waussie.