Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS radio code help

the_duke

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have got the code for my radio but not sure on how to enter it. there are only 1-6 number, and i need right up to 9!

It displayes 1 as soon as i turn it on!

Can some one help me with the process of entering the code in?

Thanks alot
Duke

Last edited:

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
Hey guys,

I have got the code for my radio but not sure on how to enter it. there are only 1-6 number, and i need right up to 9!

It displayes 1 as soon as i turn it on!

Can some one help me with the process of entering the code in?

Thanks alot
Duke

G'day mate, the code is a six digit number, only using the numbers 1-6. When the radio displays "1" it is ready for you to enter the code. Type in the six digit code number and if the number is correct, the radio will become operational within a few seconds.

If you enter the incorrect sequence of numbers, then "2" will be displayed. If you enter the wrong code again, "3" will be displayed, and you only have one more go at putting the code in, failing that "----" is displayed, and you have to leave the unit powered up for atleast one hour before trying to enter the code again.

the_duke

Reaction score
well our code that we have is a 4 digit number.

Not sure what we should do. it is 2795, so what should i do?

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
well our code that we have is a 4 digit number.

Not sure what we should do. it is 2795, so what should i do?

You can pop down to your local Holden dealership, and have a chat to the service dept or parts people, if you provide them the VIN for your car, and show proof of ownership, they will give you the correct code. Sometimes there is a small fee attached (like $10 or so) but some dealerships give you the code for nothing.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
The code for my radio is a 4 digit one - 5123 in my case. The owners manual says:
turn ignition to accessories and turn radio on ("1" will appear)
press the radio buttons in your P>I>N> order
the radio will shortly begin to play.

Maybe the upmarket models had 6 digit numbers. Your 2795 number doesn't sound right seeing as there are only numbers 1 to 6 on the radio to select from as you say.
Good Luck.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
it may also comfort you to know that if you simply disconect the battery (Reset the radio code request to 1) reconnect and wait one hour it should automatically come to life anyway, my genuine did int he berlina, the manual even says that it will do that.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
it may also comfort you to know that if you simply disconect the battery (Reset the radio code request to 1) reconnect and wait one hour it should automatically come to life anyway, my genuine did int he berlina, the manual even says that it will do that.

The Berlina must have a different radio and owners handbook as my one also says: "....and the radio must remain connected to power for approx. 1 hour before the correct P.I.N. can be entered":)

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
The Berlina must have a different radio and owners handbook as my one also says: "....and the radio must remain connected to power for approx. 1 hour before the correct P.I.N. can be entered":)

Yeah the Berlina does as far as I know.