Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS ECU and BCM wiring diagrams.

westic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
I need a wiring diagram which explains how the ECU and BCM interact so I can do away with the BCM for an engine transplant.
I do not really ant to buy a manaul for this if possible.
Would anyone have a .pdf or similar of the required circuits preferably VS calais auto?

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the only ways to remove the need for the BCM are to have the VATS deleted from the memcal or get a BCM simulator circuit.
it cannot simply be done in the wiring
Rob

westic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
Thanks for the reply.
I may be a bit off line here but isn't the memcal just a flashrom?
I was thinking of doing a "custom burn" with the bits I don't need deleted and a few other TC lock-up bits added. I want to change a few of the TC lock-up characteristics as well.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the memcal contains an eprom, you can reprogram it easily if you have the knowhow.lol

westic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
the memcal contains an eprom, you can reprogram it easily if you have the knowhow.lol

Thanks.
I have already downloaded the software and the chips, eprom burner and cable are on the way.
It seems I can do a lot with the right tools.
Recalibrate the gearbox gear by gear for kick down, lockup speed and duration etc.

There is quite a lot of fairly easy to follw info on the net regarding reprogramming the ECM (I've been calling it the ECU in error apparently).
I can even simply disable the VATS fairly easily without compromoising the other error coding systems.
I think I can even add other features...juries out on that at the moment.