Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

removal of plastic above Radio/AC Surround plastic

J

jayderichards

hi all,

was wondering if anyone knew had to remove the plastic surround from above the radio/Air-Con. I'm trying to paint my interior and can't get the A/C to come out or move so l can pull out the plastic.

I'd apprechiate all suggestions.
:wax:

Attachments

• how.jpg
    how.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 578

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
Pull out shifter surround by lifting from the handbrake end, it only clips in, then pull backwards slightly and it's off. to get it over the shifter is just a matter of holding it on the right angle and wiggling it a little.
remove the glovebox by opening it and pulling the drivers side pin, it should just fall on your feet then.
drop the fusebox cover and pull passenger side pin, again it'll just fall.
down the sides of the console surround are 3 screws, pull these out.
there are 2 (I think) screws on the bottom, and another 3 on top.
getting the surround out takes a bit of effort, wiggling and swearing as it clips into the centre console by tongue and groove style joins

J

jayderichards

l got as far as taking the screws out and trying to wiggle it out ( l had the console out at the time) but that little white bit that's on the back of the AC keeps getting stuck!

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
the surround itself you want to remove is a ticky one,

You will need to take out the glove box, and drop the fuse panel cover. Then you will need to undo the screws on the sides as well.

Goodluck.

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
are you talking about the back part of the a/c unit, cos if you are it should be held in by a screw.

J

jayderichards

no, l've got all the screws out and the surround is loose but l just can't get it over. it's all good. l'll have a go tomorrow. see how l go!

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
l got as far as taking the screws out and trying to wiggle it out ( l had the console out at the time) but that little white bit that's on the back of the AC keeps getting stuck!

try disconnecting the heater control rod. sorry, should have mentioned that. it's in the drivers footwell, tucked up under the console above hte trans tunnel. stick your head under there and look for a metal rod running from the back of the ac controller to a white plastic clip roughly level with the footrest (but higher)

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
nah dude they just slip off and they only go back on one way from memory

J

jayderichards

awesome guys thanks! i was just about to post about that metal rod! Hopefully It should come out now.