Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SSZ/CV8 (same) 18" rims on a VR

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
I just have to have these rims, will they fit straight on or will they need machining? ( stud patern etc.. ) one ad says they WILL fit VB - VZ

VZTHUNDER

Enhanced Custom Tuned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder MY06
they have the same stud pattern yes (vb-vz does)

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
they have the same stud pattern yes (vb-vz does)
So they will fit standard? the only reason why I`d ask is cause they don`t seem like they have the holes aligned and the width/size of the stud holes is different, has anyone else got these on a VR-S?, whats the new design on the standard VE wheels that does not fit with the older comms?
also whats the big diff with the speedo`s from 15" to 18" like 100 km/h = 99 km/h?

Last edited:

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
your vz ssz rims will fit the VR no problems. As you increase tyre size there is a equal decrease in tyre profile size. speedo may be out by 2kms but its nothing to worry about. VE mags need to be machined slightly to fit vb-vz but the vz mags you want will go str8 on.

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
your vz ssz rims will fit the VR no problems. As you increase tyre size there is a equal decrease in tyre profile size. speedo may be out by 2kms but its nothing to worry about. VE mags need to be machined slightly to fit vb-vz but the vz mags you want will go str8 on.

Much appreciated, happy easter:thumbsup:

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
Hey guy`s just got a set and it seems a very tight fit over the stud to stud?

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
does it fit? or is it just tight? they should be tight-ish

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
does it fit? or is it just tight? they should be tight-ish

It fits but is tightish and will probably sit nice when I recieve and try my wheel nuts I just have rims at the moment and was in the shed today testing them out on the car looks good but I was freaking out cause it was a tight fit, though I`ll find out for sure when I try to attach it.
P.S I`m kicking myself after purchasing these wheels cause they are second hand and 2 of them have parking rashs and 1 has a small scratch I purchased just the rims for $600+ $230 freight acompany that with 5 nexen tyres + freight $800 and centre caps $35.00 plus locknuts (the guy will send me for free) thats $1,665 and the reason I`m kicking myself I just found on ebay a set of brand new ones (that includes centres) with new nankangs and locknuts for $1,460 + $100 freight...........live and learn or what?

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
that's the way it works, you'll search for months and think you've gotten the best and cheapest deal, then the next day you'll find it much cheaper! oh and by the way your speedo will read lower than what you are doing, eg when it says you are doing 100 you may be doing 105 so to be safe stay just under the limit.