Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Turning a VR Executive Wagon into a Caprice

feistl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II 6.3L/M6
Hey guys,

I'm plann a few BIG upgrades to my VR wagon. Im considering upgrading the front panels + entire interior to Caprice level. So basically left/right guards, bonnet + bumper as well as the dash/seats/door trims etc

Also considering changing the loom (94VR V6 Caprice Auto into 93VR V6 Wagon Manual) so i can have all the level3 goodness including dual electric seats, climate control, level3 cluster etc

With the VR Caprice front, will the grill from a VSIII Statesman fit? EG will this grill
3499331qt3.jpg

Fit into this bonnet?

3313191ri9.jpg

What do people think? Would it look silly having the VS S3 Statesman front on a wagon? It would be unique...

Unfortunately i want/need the VR Caprice seats and loom, but panels from a VS S3 Statesman, hopefully i can sort something out.

The other question, is how much room is behind that grill? The main problem im finding with the VR/VS front is lack of space for a large intercooler. Once i finish the body/interior work ill be supercharging the buick engine to around 1 Bar.

Any advise would be awesome
Cheers, Errol.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Thats a big job youre setting for yourself. How do you plan on getting the parts? You really need a wrecked caprice that is in really good condition sitting in your yard. Heading off to the wreckers for the number of parts you are after isnt going to cheap or easy. And then you will need to modify most of the parts to fit into your wagon. Big job mate.

feistl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II 6.3L/M6
I like a challenge :).

Im hopefully getting my hands on a recovered VR Caprice, meaning ill have the entire car spare. As for the VS S3 Statesman front, well yeah im gonna have to go to the wreckers.
But physically will the statesman front bolt up to the VR? Or will i need custom mounts etc?

Cheers

Nickolaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S2 Stato
gl with it man btw do u have a caprice grill and or fog lights that ud like to sell?