Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Starting issues after new fuel filter and injectors installed!! HELP!!

SKNOT9

All hope is gone
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS series II Acclaim
Hi there. before i put my reco injectors in, my ecotec would have trouble firing up in the cold, but would be fine in the warm. now after the injectors are in it takes forever to start when warm but its instant when cold. IM SO CONFUSED!!! please someone help

joe joe

Reaction score
dumb q but u have put new orings on the injectors yeh? all i'm thinkin of atm, is that the injectors are leaking when off. so when you go back to start it has too much fuel so it needs abit of cranking to get started. it could be that the person who did the servicing didn't check them properly. other than that was all the electrial connects clean? and where all the electrics reconnected?

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
I know its probably a bit late now, but if you ever want to get the injectors cleaned and tested, the best way is to get a mobile injector cleaner. They have a little van that has all the gear setup in the back. They can flow test it before after etc and will give you a report of the readings. If you then had problems after Im sure they would be more than happy to come out and recheck their work.

eddy6_9, in case you havent already, have you checked error codes? The injectors werent out of a different model or anything like that?

SKNOT9

All hope is gone
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS series II Acclaim
Na all o rings are there, seems to be no leaking, got the flow report, all within 1 percent of each other. checked error codes, got nothin.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Maybe its the coolant temp sensor buggered and telling the ECU the engine is dead cold when its actually hot.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Would that mean im getting a wrong reading from my temp guage?

No - there is one sensor for the gauge and a separate sensor for the ECU - they sit side by side under the thermostat.

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
i had this problem when i just recently put in reco injectors in my vs, it used to be fine cold and warm start, with the new injectors warm start was fine cold start would take ages to fire

I ended up pulling them all back out, putting them all back in and made sure everything was seated properly, the problem has gone now. A guy also suggested putting a tiny bit of engine oil on the orings helps to.

Pimpt6

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH LS1 STATEO VR V6 STATEO & VR V6 BT1
I had a problem like this, hard to start Or took ages to crank over. I replaced the fuel pressure regulator as well as the injectors. never had a problem since

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
I had a problem like this, hard to start Or took ages to crank over. I replaced the fuel pressure regulator as well as the injectors. never had a problem since

I was scrolling down the repies looking for this to be mentioned as this is most likley the culprite to the symptoms mentioned, its located at the back of the fuel rail on the drivers side, the prob is usualy the vacume hose on it but can also be a faulty regulator, prices range from $105 to $170 depending on location and retailer.