Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Headlight globes what to get???

mcvk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive V6 Auto
My headlights are getting a bit dull so I will be getting some new globes.

I wan't to get Philips globes, but there are heaps of different types (blue vision, crystal vision,x-treme power). What are peoples thoughts???

Also what is H1 H3 H4 H7 etc???

Is there any reason to go HID???

Thanks in advance

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
far as I know H1,2,3,4 and so on is the size/shape/power draw of the globe ?. you have to get the right one or you will have problems. VS use H4. I wasn't happy with the standard globes in my VS go i fitted Narva plus 50's. They are supposed to be 50% brighter than standard and are the same colour and same temperature. I didn't want the try hard blue ones... It's hard to say if they are really 50% brighter but definitely made an improvement. Some globes run hotter than others and can melt your headlights , so check that out before you buy.

PRH

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp s utility,and a KENWORTH
G'day,H1-2-3-4-7 ect are the type of mounting ect on the globe,the 55 w is the amount of power it draws,a H 4 60/55 is the headlight hi/lo beam globe,
as far as not wanting to replace the globes with philips,IMO they are about the best to get,i would'nt put a bloody narva product on a wheelbarrow.
I know thats what a lot of places only sell narva but as an auto electrician i steer away from the stuff coz i have found that it is'nt as good as the others.
Phillip :wax:

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
My headlights are getting a bit dull so I will be getting some new globes.

I wan't to get Philips globes, but there are heaps of different types (blue vision, crystal vision,x-treme power). What are peoples thoughts???

Also what is H1 H3 H4 H7 etc???

Is there any reason to go HID???

Thanks in advance

Philips Blue Vision all the way, I've had them in all my cars, including two VS commodores. They are a nice white light, and they are fully road legal, UNLIKE the Diamond and Crystal vision lights, which whilst they are more blue in colour they actually throw less light on the road.

For a VS you'll need H4 bulbs for your main Low beams, and for the inboard Hi Beams you'll need H3 bulbs.

HID are very good, but you need to spend a lot of coin to get them, and they don't look good in normal lenses, you need the projector type ones.

Muzz-VS

careful im very fast =]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato 5L
lights

i just recently bought the blue vison ones nd they are the way to go everything is so clear nd high beam is frikken decent lol u can buy the diamond visin nd the next ones up watever they are but they dont last the legal amount of time so u can get defected lol but yuu wont, the blue vision ones set u back 40-50 buks nd the diamond vision goes upto like 100 buks so i recomend just going blue vision.

'Muzz'

strikewon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodoer VS Executive II V6 3.8L
do they work well thru fog and rain conditions...if so ill def go with blue vision...let me no asap...cheeers

RX25SE

Real cars are steel cars.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 Liberty 30R Spec B 6sp wagon
I had some type of blue globes in mine.

Worst effen puss infected pieces of cr@p globes I have ever had.

First thing I did (day two of owning car) was rip them out. Fitted phillips +80. Hundred times better.

RX25SE

Real cars are steel cars.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 Liberty 30R Spec B 6sp wagon
Strikewon: I know for a fact the blue lights are SHITHOUSE in really foggy conditions, they make it heaps worse.

Strikewon: I know for a fact the blue lights are SHITHOUSE in ALL conditions, they make it heaps worse.

FIXED!!

Blue light does not penetrate, it scatters. (Thats why the sky is blue kiddies :) )
Normal light globes have less blue light (ultra violet) and more red light (infa red) so it will penetrate better. This is why you can see in the dark using infra red.

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
The Kelvin factor does change the visilibity, 3000K being the best type of light to see in, blue lighting is a gimik all blue lighting will do is glare the driver coming in the oposite direction and overall is only for rice factor, the colour blue is the hardest and slowest type of light to see with the human eye.

If you want lights you can see well with and also work best in fog stick to 3000-4000k bulbs with clear glass, no blue coating. I use 4000K blubs for low beam and 3000K blubs for high beam.