Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No Injector Pulse VS ECOTEC

Tomwally

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6
Hey everyone. none of my injectors are pulsing on my vs ecotec does anyone have any ideas on what i can check or what needs to be done to fix this problem.
Cheers Tom

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Maybe somthing to do with the imobiliser. What error codes did you come up with. (if you dont know do a search). then you will have a rough idea.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Check the EFI relay and also check for fault codes.

Tomwally

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6
checked codes number 12 which is ''no codes'' and the relay has been swapped but doesnt make a difference
?????

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Is your efi relay pulling in when you turn the key on, you might need someone to turn the key on while you hold your finger on it, or better yet turn on the accesories and pull the relay in and out seeing if it clicks on and off as you do it.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Check between the positive of the injector and the negative of the battery. Not just between the two wires on the injector. Things I would be suspecting are the CAS (Faulty cas will cause no signal to injectors and no spark), or DFI module (CAS signal goes through the DFI module). Otherwise going to be ECU or wiring fault. Check the connector on the side of the DFI module, otherwise my bet will be CAS or DFI module. CAS is most common, but DFI modules do fault too. Not going to be a relay or something nice like that Im afraid.

Me personally, I would go to the wreckers or find a mate and swap the DFI module as you can swap just by undoing a few bolts in about 5 minutes. If that doesnt fix it get the CAS done.

ragrim

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6
My mate had this exact problem not too long ago, after 2 mechanics and countless posts on these forums we decided to get it towed to a holden dealer who then identified the problem as a faulty body control module caused by a water leak.

if you have tried all the basic trouble shooting like relays fuses checking wiring etc, might be worth going to your local wrecker and seeing if you can get a loan of a ECU and BCM to test if thats the problem.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
My mate had this exact problem not too long ago, after 2 mechanics and countless posts on these forums we decided to get it towed to a holden dealer who then identified the problem as a faulty body control module caused by a water leak.

if you have tried all the basic trouble shooting like relays fuses checking wiring etc, might be worth going to your local wrecker and seeing if you can get a loan of a ECU and BCM to test if thats the problem.

Are you sure it was the BCM? I thought the BCM was responsible for things like power windows etc, whereas the ECU is responsible for the engine management?

ragrim

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6
BCM is responsible for the engine imobliser, which means if it has a problem it will not turn off the engine imobliser and therefore your car will not start.

when we tried to diagnose the problem we checked for spark by removing leads and there was spark, the fuel pump was running, could here it in the boot, and car would turn over but just wouldnt start, so it was not getting any fuel.

he did also have a problem with his remote entry but i believe that was another problem.

for ****s and giggles it would be worth just replacing the BCM and ECU from the wreckers, im sure if you explain the problem to the wreckers they would sell you them both and let you return them if thats not the problem, if it is just return the one that didnt have a problem.

its very likely this isnt the problem, but in the interest of saving money its well worth a shot, as you could be up for a few hundred $$$$ if you get a mechanic or a holden dealer to fix it.