Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trailer plug wiring

Dodgy_Dave

Reaction score
Members Ride
'93 VR Executive
hi guys,
I know one of you guy's must have a Gregories workshop manual handy, I was wondering if someone could scan pages 230-232. It show's the wiring diagram and info on how to wire up a 7 pin trailer plug. The financial belt is pretty tight at the moment so I can't buy the book or take it to an auto elecy.

I have done a few search's and found some useful info and other ways of wiring the trailer plug, But I want to do it properly and hard wire it in.

Any help is appreciated.

vsiicalais

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6 Storm
hey mate the page numbers you gave were for rear suspension but i have scanned the trailer stuff for you.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 14,200
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 29,103

PanthaVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S-Pack SII
make a "temporary" trailor plug...

it works of the loom that plugs to your tail lights, and when you use it, you hang it out your boot and shut the boot onto it... (use flat wire, so it wont foul the boot closing)

all you do is head to a wreckers, and cut out the plug (both male and female) that hooks the tail lights up, (make sure its the main one, drivers side i think, otherwise you wont get on of the indicators)

and you can make a "tee" peice such that, you unplug YOUR loom and put the "tee" piece in its place.

then, your normal lights will still work, and the "tee" peice leads to the trailor plug, (be sure to give your self enough cable length)

:)

Dodgy_Dave

Reaction score
Members Ride
'93 VR Executive
I did read about having the plug connected to the tail lights, but I want to hard wire it in so all lights will work in case the trailer lights fail and I think it would be a bit safer at night.

I should have stated those page numbers were from the VR / Lexen Gregories Manual (has a white vr on the cover) But the wiring looks to be the same as the pages you scanned. At least the main details I was after are the same.

Thanks heaps mate.

vsiicalais

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6 Storm
yeah those pages i put up are out of the vs gregorys manual, i will have a look and see if the wire colours all match up tomorrow as i hard wired mine in also, i just bought the plug with the wiring from supercheap for about 15 or 20 bucks.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
What is written there is different to how most trailers (and cars) are wired. There is a standard wiring diagram on the back of the card that the plug is attached to (Navara make it). Pin 1 = Left indicator, Pin 7 = Right indicator, pin 4 = earth from memory, can't remember the other two.

Reaper