Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Senator rear seat backrest removal grrr

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Hey guys, decided to take out the rear seats yesterday in my VS Senator so i could get to the parcel shelf speakers and fit some Alpine Type R 6 inch speaker in there instead, anyways, got the base out fine, but the back rest's are a 3 piece deal, and the VS Senators have adjustable headrests in the back seats too, so i took the headrests off, and when i tried to slide the backrest off the rail it slots onto, i noticed the clips that you slot the headrests into were preventing the backrest coming off the rail.

Any idea's on how to go about getting the backrests off around these clips?

Any help appreciated :thumbsup:

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
hey mate. you could try undoing the headrest mount from behind the seat. .

not going to be easy but yeah.

once you have the headrest and the slot they go into. the seat should come out like normal.

hope that helped.

if you need some pics of the mounts etc let me know.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Maybe try levering the back rest frame over the clips with something ?

Pictures would help with suggestions so we all can see what you're dealing with !!!

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I'll try and get some during the week.

And Mack, lol, no. Cheers guys.

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
did you get it out cobez?

i had a look at mine the other day. and they have the retaining clips the same as the front head rests.

so you may have to pull the material away to be able to get to the clips.

if you don't know what im talking about have a search. its been explained before.
hope this helps.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
This may sound stupid but did you undo the bolt at the base of the seat first. They slot in on the back and down the bottom there is one bolt (near the sealtbelt) that holds it in.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I'm with Mack. If angle grinding isn't your thing then go the gas axe.

Reaper

brann

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon, VSII
I know the thread's a month or so old, however, having been searching and just done this I have the solution for this particular problem. The issue is that the mounts for the head rest are not part of the back seat sections and are fixed to the bodywork. There is no way that these bits are comming out except broken and they are nto cur-clipped in.

What you have to do is ease the leather over one corner and then over the head of the plastic tube. Repeat for the other one and then pull the base of the seat forward and then slide the whole lot up until it clears the mounts.

Good luck with the speaker install. Oh and 6.5" do NOT drop straight in no matter what the shop dudes tell you. You'll need to get some MDF spacers to fit them. 6" will drop straight in.

Cheers.
Adam.