Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

windscreen stalk replacing with one from berlina

grossy69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr acclaim
hi guys,

I have a windscreen washer / wiper stalk out of a vr calais it has the variable wiper speed , I was wondering if you need to have a wireing harness as well cause it does not seem to be a plug and play fit to the executive

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
I am also curious about this, on my shortlist of wanted upgrades is a high model wiper stalk but no idea if it would work properly or not without additional parts from a high model.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I think it would require a BCM upgrade as with the VT-VX.

vsiicalais

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6 Storm
hey guys yeah i fitted the berlina/calais variable speed stalk into mine and there is another wire that needs to be plugged in. also you need a High series BCM to make it work, i have the bcm (not fitted yet) and havent had a look at where the wire goes to yet but its definately on my to do list. as soon as i get a chance i will have a look and let u guys know.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
dont you need to change keys if you swap bcms? seems like a lot of effort just to get your wipers to change speed

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
dont you need to change keys if you swap bcms? seems like a lot of effort just to get your wipers to change speed

True that, I guess it's not a modification for the faint of heart - though with a new BCM there's even more things which can be done like remote boot release on the keys and ... nope, I can't think of anything else

Damnit I should have just bought an Acclaim+.

Shambo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series III CV8 & VE 3.0 Omega
Installing the high series BCM requires changing over the loom as well as the pin positions are different from low to high.

The BCM will also need to be programed to work with the engine management system so you can start the motor but you can retain you key blades.