Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What goes harder VR or VS

cruzn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr Commodore
I was wondering what goes harder V6 VR or VS. I know that VS has 17kw over the VR but its not all about KW.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
When you are talking power figures for "going harder" it basically is all about KW's / HP. What else makes your car go faster?

The VS had the Ecotec engine, most of the VR's had the Buick 3.8 in them. Not sure which engine went harder. I'm assuming the VS's did.

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
wasnt the eco built for economy and the vr engine built for torque

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I think so, hence why the called it the "Ecotec".

The Buick was just built as the first V6. Wasn't "built for" torque.

Hybz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais
I had a VR up until 6 weeks ago. The only perfomance mods were air intake and cat-back Just got myself a VS which is stock as a rock, and the VS feels quicker.

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
but the buick v6 has been around since the 60ies

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
I had a VR up until 6 weeks ago. The only perfomance mods were air intake and cat-back Just got myself a VS which is stock as a rock, and the VS feels quicker.

hehe ive had a vn for 8 years its not working atm so im driving my mums vs , seems gutless as hell , has new running gear in it also and stock as a rock

cruzn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr Commodore
When you are talking power figures for "going harder" it basically is all about KW's / HP. What else makes your car go faster?

The VS had the Ecotec engine, most of the VR's had the Buick 3.8 in them. Not sure which engine went harder. I'm assuming the VS's did.

Well i define "goes hard" as how powerful an engine feels. For example a small engine in a lighter car may feel as powerful as a bigger engine in a heavier car. Also KW' means very little if it lacks torque.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
The old V6 has more grunt just off the line and that counts for alot in a straight line from standing start. The smaller ports in the heads are probably one of the main reasons it's quicker off the line but the ecotec makes much more power on the top end. I think to 100 stock for stock the VR would have most VS's but the VS should come back over a 1/4 mile

Hybz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais
I was talking more top-end with my comment. Tuning has a lot to do with it too though.