Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs series 2 coil pack?? any coil pack will do????

steak000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk Calais
hi, wonting to change over a vs series 2 coil pack, just bought a coil pack may have been off engine such as a vn- vs and it seems to be slightly different, the one we bought has 3 bolts and just screw em down but the one on the car atm seems to be sitting on metal and just needs 2 bolts that go onto engine?? so does this mean there are more than one coil pack types??? :thumbsup:

moff_man

operation HQ under way.
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR II berlina wagon v6, 72 HQ ute 253
you will need the dfi module (the flat thing the coils sit on) they are diffrent for each setup (from the solid block type to the 3 indivual types)

can still be purched new but are pricey

steak000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk Calais
so does that mean that i can put this new coil pack on the right dfi module or is it like a sealed unit, shall i just find another with the appropriate flat thing.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
all three coil packs will come off of the DFI module, each coil pack is indeed a sealed unit, if more like when, they crack moisture gets in and theya re rooted, so opening them up is not an option, not to mention it'd be a messy operation.

Just go to a wreckers and seek out a coil pack that looks just like one of yours.

Then again ive always vowed that if one of my coil packs go i'll be buying a full set of L67 Super six coil packs direct from holden, just as good as MSD's and slightly cheaper.

A brand new coil pack can be bought for around $50 - $65 depending on brand and the shop, so if your paying any more then $20 for a second hand unit go and slap your wrecker.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
the current Autobarn catalogue has the MSD coils you need for $85 each. Repco sells Champion brand for about $50.