Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

toyota lexcen conversion to vr holden look alike

knotty

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 toyota lexcen
hey first time posting. just wondering if anyone has converted the front bumper of a toyota lexcen to the holden vr including indicators moved up beside headlights. as i was wondering if anyone could give even just a minor/brief explanation of how they changed the indicators wire wise. everything on my car has been changed but this. and i have bought the holden bumper just need to do this. thanks.

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
I seriously cant be going through this as most of it is common sence. Go buy a gregorys manual as it will show what the Holden wiring of parkers/indicators is. Now go to the wreckers and get these connections, now graft these onto you existing connections, done and done.

PS. DO NOT BADGE IT AS A HOLDEN, its super lame and anyone with half a brain can tell the difference.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Well they are Holdens, says so on the build sheet but I allways think they are cooler with the different Toyota version parts :)

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
better interior in a lexcen isnt it ive never been in one but i have heard that it is

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
They were built by Holden and there's no difference in any of the components (except the ones with the Toyota logo).

To do the conversion properly, you need to actually change the front guards as well as get a VR bumper. As far as I know, the indicators and headlights plugged straight in, but don't quote me on that.

My best friends father found a Lexcen that had been converted to a manual, far out does it fly. He did the conversion. The loom may have already been there, as they didn't describe having any problems to me.

Far bigger concern is the rear lights, I think they look terrible.

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
I prefer the look of my lexcen over the standard Holdens anyway. Oh yeah forgot about the front fenders, the ones on the lexcens are from statos.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
better interior in a lexcen isnt it ive never been in one but i have heard that it is

Depends on the which model Lexen but yeah usually a bit posher looking inside than the same model Commodore, they normally go better too I think just because grandpas that looked after them bought them new

aphexcloud

mech
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v6/5.7l wh statesman
i have a lexcern and just did the conversion as a had a crash there is no moding u have to do jus put the new bar front guards and bonnet on and ur done oh and lights of corse

vscom88

Andrew-
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
idiot. how can it go harder? there exactly the same engine and the interior just says TOYOTA instead of EXECUTIVE/ACCLAIM/CALAIS etc. lexcen is a vn to vs body changed just as the holden apollo is to the toyota camry, toyota tried this to make more money and succesfully failed

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
you have to change the front gaurds as well as the bumper but make sure u keep the old ones as they are the same as statesman gaurds and hard to find!! just a little something i learnt on my travels. lol