Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My vs ute

Should the trolley strips come off?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VS-S-PACK-UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
Hey, thought i'd post it up for ya's. Let me know what you think of it and any changes its in need of.

Model - 99' VS S Pac Ute
Colour - Heron White
Engine - 3.8 Ecotec V6
Engine Mods - Pacemaker Extractors, CAI, K&N Panel Filter, Reconditioned Heads, 1.95 Hi ratio Yella Terra Roller Rockers
Exhaust - 3 Inch Catback without rear resonator through to 3 inch dump pipe
Wheels - 17" VY's/Stockys
Suspension - King Springs Ultralows all round.
Gearbox - 5 spd Getrag manual
Diff - LSD
Brakes - Slotted and drilled Fronts, Standard Rears.
Interior - Stock apart from shifter and oil pressure gauge
Other Mods - Tinted Windows, Red Calipers, Tubliner, Front SS Lip, Debadged tailgate
Stereo - Pioneer head unit, Pioneer 6" 3 ways in doors, Pioneer 6x9 3 ways on deck.
Plans for future - Plan on getting drilled and slotted rotors( DONE), yella terra roller rockers(DONE), and maybe some ultralows.(DONE) :)

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 845
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 813
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 957
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 973
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 984
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 987
Last edited:

vtclubby195i

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt clubsport 5L 195i
nice ute dude,cant go rong with the vs utes,best looking utes i rekon....
id ditch the stickers an go 4 the clean look, i see so many southern cross stars on the back of commo's its not funny.....but thats just my opinion...will look sick on sum ultra lows mate

VS6

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VS V6 UTE
sweet ute mate take those strips off ;)
that exhaust drone heaps or what 3 inch on a v6 hmm ?

VS-S-PACK-UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
sweet ute mate take those strips off ;)
that exhaust drone heaps or what 3 inch on a v6 hmm ?

cheers man, i have considered taking em off but dont have the balls to do so lol. yes it does drone a fair bit lol. was on it when i bought the ute. am considering getting a high flow cat for it. or will that have a negative affect on the exhaust?

VS6

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VS V6 UTE
nah dont get a high flow cat it will make it drone even more as you already have the
exhaust coming through 3inches which is to much air flow for a start with a v6 a high flow cat will make it drone even more piss the 3 inch off and get a 2.5" exhaust system with a 3" stainless tip so the sound is channeled into 3" at the end rather than having a full 3" system giving ya ute a nicer tone ;)

VS-S-PACK-UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
nah dont get a high flow cat it will make it drone even more as you already have the
exhaust coming through 3inches which is to much air flow for a start with a v6 a high flow cat will make it drone even more piss the 3 inch off and get a 2.5" exhaust system with a 3" stainless tip so the sound is channeled into 3" at the end rather than having a full 3" system giving ya ute a nicer tone ;)

yet another thing to add to the 2 do list :p honestly cant see myself replacing the exhaust any time soon though, rockers are next up after this thing gets its ass end lowered :). that being said, anyone else have any recommendations on what i should be doin 2 enhance this ute :)

VS-S-PACK-UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
hey guys hoping for an answer on this one, im gettin im getting the springs tomoro and have noticed that the bumpstops have been cut back at some stage, however there is still only about a 30 mm space between the bottom of the stop and the plate on the diff. Once it is lowered it will be most likely very close to or sitting on the stops. As a general rule of thumb how much space should there be in between the stop and plate while the car is sittin there?

VS-S-PACK-UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
UPDATE - I have put king springs ultralows in the back of the ute, which has leveled it out more, i was hoping for it to be a bit lower but oh well, as the springs are new will they actually sag with time?

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 580
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 577
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 577
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG