Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 94 VR sedan, build..maintain....love

LeaThaL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 1 sedan
Hey all,

im new here as im usually hanging around toymods and z20soarer.org but ive come back to the dark side (according to most toyota lovers :p) and got myself another VR,

i use to have a VR wagon that i bought years ago, sold it when the fuel pump **** itself and then 2 years later it got BHG so the bro in law (he bought it from me) gave it back for free thinking it was stuffed, i did the heads and drove her for another year before selling her to some dudes that used her to drive to perth....and its still running :p

but thats not why im here, this is my new sedan,

this is the lineup from when i first got her, was 2k on boostlosing from some young fella, seemed pretty good, 2 months rego but it was dark then and thats where the fun came around

once at home i was sitting looking at this...

dsc00559pn.jpg

dsc00558k.jpg

dsc00561u.jpg

dsc00557fk.jpg

dsc00555sr.jpg

she was really REALLY dirty and in need of looooooads of love

the goods:
smooth enought 3.8 and ok auto,
same trim as my VR wagon,
the wheels are nice, i think their fakes but eh,
a SCA brand head deck and matching speakers
2.5 cat back exhaust

The Bads:
needed oil change in motor, filter must of been a 30000kms old atleast
needed auto serviced and fluid change as she was really burnt up and holding out gears
all the white dash :(
NO SWAYBAR ON THE FRONT!! both pins snapped at the middle
front suspension buggered,
the belt was really really worn and cracked
rad water was brown as anything, really really yuck, rear tires legal but low

i started the day with all this....

dsc00562zi.jpg

and set to work! :)

will add more pics tomorrow as my phone/camera has gone walkies and thats where the rest of the pics are lol

cheers all
the motor shakes on idle, seems to be a gearbox mount

Last edited:

Mr_Clubsport

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
drop a 2J in and it might slightly shut them up ;)

LeaThaL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 1 sedan
or get me killed! :p if i ever got my hands on a 2jz it would be replacing the 1jz in my mz21 soarer, but then i do have a spare 1jz

but i dont think i could cause i love these v6's too much :p

well this is how she sits ATM, its dirty again as ive been working on it when i get free time....
dsc00580k.jpg

dsc00581v.jpg

^^^^^^^^I know this basicly looks the same, but it has been cleaned up and most **** removed :)

and this nice surprise was lying under the carpent above the fuel tank
dsc00582wj.jpg

and shes now got a sway bar again with new nolethane rubbers :)

dsc00584nr.jpg

just asking too, ive noticed that the cars cooling system isnt getting any pressure, as in i can drive it for about 20 mins. stop and take off the radaitor cap...... :S can this be the cap or is it a problem with my system?

also im lossing a decent amount of water somewhere, i dont know where as seeing the pressure isnt building up and making it obvious, but i did see some water once just sitting in behind the alternator on the inlet manifold so im thinking its comming from the hose under the alternator running to the water pump so ill replace it soon along with that little bung that runs into the inlet also

cheers

Last edited:

LeaThaL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 1 sedan
whats really funny is i had one sitting in the bay before i got the 1j, and supprising it sat quite well :p

im just going to make a 4runner again with another 3.8.....or a LS1, depending on budget :p ive already had one with the VR motors in it and damn it was sweet! but at 240k's to a 70L tank, it wasnt worth keeping it :(

EDIT- MYTH CONFIRMED! ive got a leak from the bending hose from the pump to the inlet! F*@^!! ah well i can fix it next week now :)

Last edited:

LeaThaL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 1 sedan
hey all

as above ive been losing a fair amount of water from a leak so im now happy to say its fixed, ill only put up a few pics but if anyone wants me to put up the whole step by step tut im more than happy to do so :)

dsc00588rs.jpg

the parts needed, note the brass bung, over the plastic factory one :)

dsc00592yt.jpg

half way thru and uber dirty :p

dsc00596ba.jpg

a quick clean to keep things nice

dsc00600yf.jpg

all fixed and no leaks! :D

LeaThaL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 1 sedan
cheers dude,

ive also noticed that for some dumb reason the last owner found the thremo fan plug, chopped off the ends, shoved one on the switched power side of the "blower" replay and then wrapped up the earth again leaving it exposed :S

LeaThaL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 1 sedan
yeah i know! i should of kept my VR wagon, apart from a small knock in the motor it was perfect! :p

this sedan altho i love it, has a shitty immobliser that when you unlock the car, it will lock itself after a minute, when you start the car, put in gear and lower the hand brake it locks the doors, and then when you turn the motor off it unlocks them, and someone has blown a fuse in the heater spot and and shoved the wrong size fuse in as its melted to ****! and the douche has fitted heaps of replacement fuse lines so their just hanging everywhere :S